• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Silent Ones.

Me like.

I fell in love with that book when I saw your copy.

Dang!

What a great book.

You mean this one? Strangely, though it is one of my all-time favorite Big-5 issues, I don't have a recollection of where/who I got this from. I know it was pretty early in the scheme of things. About 15 years ago. And I usually remember details about most of my scores, like who, where, when, what was playing on the radio at that moment, shoe size, barometric pressure, etc.

off40.jpg

I remember where I got my copy. :whistle:

Thanks, Mick! (worship)

Edited by adamstrange

Here is an OFF for all those Frogman fantics. Some of the best covers of OFF are from the 20-30s issue number range.

I love those "guns a'blazin at the reader" covers! This makes a nice book-end to Mick's copy.

Bill

OFF_33a.jpg

Hey Bill,

You got me thinking on this one. The "guns a'blazin' at the reader" cover thing is a subgenre of the war comics. Here's one of my favs.

gic78.jpg

Here is an OFF for all those Frogman fantics. Some of the best covers of OFF are from the 20-30s issue number range.

I love those "guns a'blazin at the reader" covers! This makes a nice book-end to Mick's copy.

Bill

Hey Bill,

You got me thinking on this one. The "guns a'blazin' at the reader" cover thing is a subgenre of the war comics. Here's one of my favs.

gic78.jpg

now that's a sweet cover :)

There are still some cool comic covers now and then, but NOTHING compared to those greytones.... can you imagine being a kid back in 1960, going on your bike to the local corner store, and buying one of those? Heaven.

Shep

Nice 131. I wish my copy was that nice. Or I wish you'd give me your copy. One of those two...

If I remember correctly, the 131 has bone white pages. Absolutely gorgeous book. Picked it up from bobcat.Enterprises on ebay.

Hey guys,

Boxing day around my house is always a quiet, boozy affair.... so it makes perfect sense that I fill the day with the sale of some war comics. Check the Sales forum sometime on the morning of the 26th... 30 or so books across all eras, mostly DC with a couple of Atlas and (gasp!) Charltons for good measure. The prices will be right.

Thanks fellas,

Shep