• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Is showcase the Dc version of essentials?

yes it is, and it's black and white but a cheap way to get a pile of great stories to read :cloud9:

I'm going to pick it up next time I hit the city.

If I like it... hm

Is showcase the Dc version of essentials?

yes it is, and it's black and white but a cheap way to get a pile of great stories to read :cloud9:

I'm going to pick it up next time I hit the city.

If I like it... hm

You'll like it :grin:

And just so you know, the Haunted Tank Showcase is full of SA stories with tons of great Heath and Kubert artwork.

Hopefully, they will release a BA edition soon :wishluck:

When I got my own copy of the SSWS 84, I was absolutely ecstatic. I uploaded a pic of it in this war thread. . .probably not more than 2 months ago. It was about 1992 and I remember Gary Carter calling me around 8:30 at night to let me know that he was going to be moving some comics before he made the move to Tennessee from his home in Coronado (SD area) to be a part of the Overstreet editorial gang. There were a few pretty cool books that I scored that night (including a stunning Mile High Copy of All Star Western 103 that went for the princely sum of $100.00--and that was 4X guide!!!!!! It was one of those super-late examples of Mile High--the original collection. . .not Mile High II), but the best amongst the war books was the SSWS 84. It was pretty dim light so in general, it was harder to see defects at the time, but I could see enough to know that it was a pretty copy. Glad I scored it when I did. I've never seen one in the NM range and it's tough as nails in Fine range, too.

Something tells me there's a paratrooper in the thick of things here.

I dont think so... Parapooper has a feedback score over 1K I believe

Something tells me there's a paratrooper in the thick of things here.

I dont think so... Parapooper has a feedback score over 1K I believe

I was in on the early bidding, but bailed at $180... I thought this one would go pretty large, but I didn't expect it to go over $400.

It's a very tough book in any kind of decent grade. Might have to just wait and get lucky on one when nobody's looking.

Nice looking book though!

Shep

My first war book

5559.jpg

Mods notified. Someone hi-jacked Danny's account.

:jokealert:

Congratulations on your first war book!

My first war book

5559.jpg

Mods notified. Someone hi-jacked Danny's account.

:jokealert:

Congratulations on your first war book!

lol

Thanks!!! :headbang:

danny, buying war comics.... is it the apocalypse?