• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Don't be shy about posting your Sgt Furys Blind Owl! I love em, and once I've finished my run on Avengers, I plan on finishing Sgt Fury 1 - 100

And shep, awesome books, I'm glad you found a nice OAAW 172, that's a great book!

Thanks! I picked up that copy about 25 years ago and it's still in pretty nice shape.

doh! I forgot that I reduced the size to use as an avatar at one point. I'll rescan it post it when I have a chance :cloud9:

Looks like all my pre-holiday ebay purchases are coming home to roost.

Not high grade, but a perfectly presentable copy.... another cover that I just love.

Shep

off3.jpg

Great book, nonetheless, Shep! :applause:

Andy

Oh, you "Big 5" Guys and your precious DC Covers...FEH!

Here are some great issues of BATTLE that appeared just at the sunset of the Atlas era.

Alot of these have great stories by Kirby, Severin, Heck, Williamson and even a rare few war stories by Mr Ditko (such as in the 63 below).

Bill

BATTLE_63.jpg

The old "hidden machine gun trick" -- and to think that's the second time I fell for it this month...

Here is the rare last issue of BATTLE.

This one is a little gem, because it contains a great story drawn by Kirby and inked by Ditko. These collaborations are little slices of Heaven for those of us who collect pre-hero monster titles. I believe this was the only Kirby/Ditko war story.

BATTLE_70.jpg

Bill

Edited by AtlasFan

Oh, you "Big 5" Guys and your precious DC Covers...FEH!

Here are some great issues of BATTLE that appeared just at the sunset of the Atlas era.

Alot of these have great stories by Kirby, Severin, Heck, Williamson and even a rare few war stories by Mr Ditko (such as in the 63 below).

Bill

BATTLE_63.jpg

I'll ignore that remark about DC since you are posting such great Atlas books like this one!

The old "hidden machine gun trick" -- and to think that's the second time I fell for it this month...

This one is a little gem, because it contains a great story drawn by Kirby and inked by Ditko. These collaborations are little slices of Heaven for those of us who collect pre-hero monster titles. I believe this was the only Kirby/Ditko war story.

BATTLE_70.jpg

Bill

I've got a small blue and white question mark instead of the jpg. Link severed?

Dennis

BATTLE_70.jpg

Bill

I've got a small blue and white question mark instead of the jpg. Link severed?

Dennis

The link still works for me. (shrug)

Andy

Yikes indeed! I wish he was around when I put up a bunch of GICs a year ago... I wonder what exactly 'excellent plus" condition is?