• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Great books Bluechip :applause:

All SA War books are very welcome here, although DC's Big Five get the most love, I for one love Sgt Fury, and your G.I. Joe #10 is a fantastic looking book!

Welcome to the War threads (thumbs u

There are some war books that I'd love to see the covers of from everyone's collection, non-DC wise...

When I was a kid, I had a number of Harvey War books - I think the title was 'Warfront' and the character was 'Battlefront Joe'. I remember there actually being some really good art in them - Al Williamson, and I think Bill Draut and Wally Wood.

Anyone has any of those, I'd love to see them...

All SA War books are very welcome here, although DC's Big Five get the most love, I for one love Sgt Fury, and your G.I. Joe #10 is a fantastic looking book!

Thanks. The GI Joe 10 is actually the first issue of that series. I have enjoyed looking at the obscure (to me) covers here. I am sure I have more of this type but few are scanned. Here's a few more, though.

Always liked this one for the way everybody is so caught up in the courtroom drama that nobody seems to notice they are about to get blown up.

SgtFury7.jpg

And these for the possibly advised mixing of world war 2 and super-villain weaponry.

SgtFury8.jpg

SgtFury59.jpg

Thanks. The GI Joe 10 is actually the first issue of that series. I have enjoyed looking at the obscure (to me) covers here. I am sure I have more of this type but few are scanned. Here's a few more, though.

Always liked this one for the way everybody is so caught up in the courtroom drama that nobody seems to notice they are about to get blown up.

SgtFury7.jpg

And these for the possibly advised mixing of world war 2 and super-villain weaponry.

SgtFury8.jpg

SgtFury59.jpg

Nice Furys, bluechip! :applause:

Andy

Nice book Jeffro! (thumbs u I love that cover and actually have

a copy not as nice as yours of course.

Here is a book that arrived yesterday and purchased from e-bay

and what a great seller this guy is. It was superbly packaged in a

big box and graded properly as a VF/NM. I sent him an e-mail to

say thanks and it turns out to be board member, AtlasFan. (thumbs u

Thank you Bill. (worship)

Picture577.jpg

Here's a slab I bought a while ago and some how Spidey snuck into

the picture and will do anything to get into the SA War Thread and

must know about the prices of war books lately. (shrug)

Picture565.jpg

I don't why but this is one of my top five Rock covers. :cloud9:

Picture592.jpg

Picture577.jpg

Picture565.jpg

Picture592.jpg

That SSWS #140 is typically one of the most commonly over-graded comics on eBay. It's nice to see you find an accurately graded, high-grade copy. :applause:

That is a really cool cameo appearance of Spidey, Fay, thanks for posting!!! :insane:

The plugged nickel book is a great cover and a great story as well, good choice! (thumbs u

SgtFury7.jpg

SgtFury8.jpg

This has got to be one of my fav Sgt. Fury covers. The outrageousness of that ray gun's beam is so amazing.

Picture577.jpg

Picture565.jpg

Picture592.jpg

Great books, as always, Fay! You've added some sweet books to this thread and the BA thread! Congrats :applause:

Hey all, just got a batch of books back from CGC. Mostly happy with my grades, but these grades are not as I purchased them, that's for sure.

GIC #68 CGC 7.0 Very happy with this one, and I pegged it at F/VF as well

cgcbooks001.jpg

OAAW #81 CGC 4.5 Bought this as a Fine, when I got it I figured it was VG/F so I was pretty close...

cgcbooks002.jpg

AAMOW #8 CGC 7.0 I really figured this would get a VF, but that just shows me how nice some earlier books are, the VFs are just impossible to find.

cgcbooks004.jpg

OFF #5 CGC 6.5 Nice book! I thought this was a F/VF, so again pretty close

cgcbooks003.jpg

Overall, very happy with my latest books coming back. Sorry for the crappy pictures, and I don't have a proper scanner for CGC books.

hm maybe I should start a thread in CG about what scanner to buy hm

Andy

Nice books!!! :applause:

AAMOW #8 CGC 7.0 I really figured this would get a VF, but that just shows me how nice some earlier books are, the VFs are just impossible to find.

:whistle:

maybe I should start a thread in CG about what scanner to buy

Do a search first unless you wish to suffer the slings and arrows.

Edited by adamstrange

KILLER BOOKS ANDY!!!

I remember seeing some of those before you sent them... I think CGC was pretty harsh on some of those, particularly the OAAW #81.

Here's a book that showed up today... been looking for a copy of this for a long, long time and have lost out on one at least 5 times on ebay over the years. Solid copy, great gloss and white/offwhite pages. Best of all, I was the only bidder and it set me back.... and here's the best part.... 37 bucks!!!!! More than makes up for the SSWS lot I got last week. I've put it in the 'Buddy can you spare a grade...' thread if anyone is interested in giving an opinion.

Shep

aamow67f.jpg