• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Men Of War books seem to have some of my favourite covers. Always seem to be nice,detailed and colourful. Nice books by the way.

AAMOW have some awesome covers that are some of my favorites

and the more early OFF books I see I'm starting to understand what

Shep is talking about and that was a title I wasn't going to get into.

Now I'm searching for them. (thumbs u Here's another favorite I bought

this year.

off40.jpg

Mick,

Your books are sick in an awesome way. :cloud9: You sure have

some sweet books and I have feeling you have many more to post. (thumbs u

Edited by Fazybones

Some 60 number AAMOW. Nice era

aamow60.jpg

Don't you love how many of these WW2 covers have the designation "USAF" on them when in fact, the USAF didn't come into being until 1947. lol

The passing of the National Security Act of 1947 created the United States Air Force.

Heading to the NYCCC this weekend, will give you guys an idea of what war books were at the show and scan some purchases. Wish me luck!

Good luck on your hunt! (thumbs u

Andy :wishluck:

Don't you love how many of these WW2 covers have the designation "USAF" on them when in fact, the USAF didn't come into being until 1947. lol

The passing of the National Security Act of 1947 created the United States Air Force.

Nice tidbit of trivia there, thanks Jeffro!

Andy

Don't know if anyone has gotten their winnings in from the ebay seller with all the G.I. Combats, but I won GI #s 66, 74, 78, 79 and 81. All were as described to a T. #78 is a 6.5/7.0. I'll post scans when I have time.

Nice to hear, Brent and good luck Larry!

Andy

Just in.....

img450.jpg

One of the best copies I've ever seen of one of the best issues in all the Big-5 war books.

There are few superhero comics I can think of that have THAT kind of cover impact. I wonder what the original art would be like for that?

I just got an Atlas Battle Nr. 67. I didnt know it contains so much great art: Kirby Cover, Kirby Art, Severin Art, Davis Art & a Williamson/Crandall story. Unusual for an Atlas War books, isnt it? And not expensive at all (paid 10$ in vg+),

Thomas

Heading to the NYCCC this weekend, will give you guys an idea of what war books were at the show and scan some purchases. Wish me luck!

Good luck on your hunt! (thumbs u

Andy :wishluck:

Here is a brief synopsis of the NYCC. It seems like some dealers are being aggressive on the prices for any decent condition war books. Harley Yee seems to have the most nice books, i do have my eye on a G.I. Combat #87.

I just got an Atlas Battle Nr. 67. I didnt know it contains so much great art: Kirby Cover, Kirby Art, Severin Art, Davis Art & a Williamson/Crandall story. Unusual for an Atlas War books, isnt it? And not expensive at all (paid 10$ in vg+),

Thomas

Nice! I'm not too surprised as there were so many great artists who ended up at Atlas. You'll see Atlas horror books all the time with multiple heavyweights and even one of the Battles has Kirby and Ditko.

Marc