• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Last one for tonight. The composition is just insane!!!

oaaw70.jpg

Russ Heath insanity is :cloud9:

oaaw70.jpg

As clean and Heathy as it looks, I actually think it's Grandenetti!

Either way, super-person_without_enough_empathyin'.

Shep

oaaw70.jpg

Shep

So says the Big 5 Guide. I feel :blush:

There's definitely a Heath influence on that as you almost never see Grandenetti doing the cross-hatching that you see on that cover.

oaaw70.jpg

Shep

So says the Big 5 Guide. I feel :blush:

There's definitely a Heath influence on that as you almost never see Grandenetti doing the cross-hatching that you see on that cover.

Adam, you're only allowed one art misidentification every decade (it's been that long since the last one, m'thinks). It's Grandenetti all the way. . .bone structure in face, and drapery in tow. That cross hatching under the neck, though, definitely gives it a Heathen resonance.

Shep,

THAT and the others (perhaps especially the stunning OAAW 54) are some badass comics that underscore how exacting you've been. Love seein' those. They are seriously tough to get in that kinda grade, too.

Those Sgt. Rock V. 2 and HT V.2 Showcases are something to take notice over. Some great art contained in those pages. . .and in B&W so you can appreciate the Kubert, Heath, and Glanzman lines all the more. Man, I hope they're making some respectable residuals off of those. They deserve it big time.

Sweet book Manny! Never can go wrong with a signature by the master.

Thanks Andy and Paratrooper.

Nice avatar. I still don't know how to do that hence my boring one. Heath certainly has his devotees on this thread. Cool Heath sketch. Is that an original comic art panel? Or a specialty piece he drew for you?

Sweet book Manny! Never can go wrong with a signature by the master.

Thanks Andy and Paratrooper.

Nice avatar. I still don't know how to do that hence my boring one. Heath certainly has his devotees on this thread. Cool Heath sketch. Is that an original comic art panel? Or a specialty piece he drew for you?

...or lack, thereof... :gossip:

Does anyone feel that since DC is pumping out all there War material that the Rock movie is inevitable. Is this the prelude to the movie. They need something to sell once in comes out? I remember the Spidy and FF comic books shot up once there #1's came out. I should monitor the Iron Man stuff to see if it is still happening. I think if anything it brings new collectors and investors into the line. With the rising prices it may also bring out more books?

What ya guys think?

Larry