• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Andy,

I picked up volume one today at Grey Region in Toronto (they gave me a deal - $18.00!)

It's amazing... having all those stories back to back. Best 18 bucks I ever spent.

(Aside from two boxes of condoms in grade 12.) :grin:

Shep

So...How many do you have left? :insane:

Sorry Shep. the shot was there and I couldn't help myself :foryou:

Andy,

I picked up volume one today at Grey Region in Toronto (they gave me a deal - $18.00!)

It's amazing... having all those stories back to back. Best 18 bucks I ever spent.

(Aside from two boxes of condoms in grade 12.) :grin:

Shep

So...How many do you have left? :insane:

Sorry Shep. the shot was there and I couldn't help myself :foryou:

:gossip: he thought they were balloons.

So Keith, I guess that the flurry of books you're putting up are your undercopies? Can you give a preview here as to what's coming up? Have you ever considered a sale on these boards? Looks like you've done alright so far, I've bought a couple of cheapies and missed out on a couple of biggies.

Andy

Andy, I will have more books posting on e-bay hopefully every day for a while. Many of the copies I am selling are not undercopies. I have just decided to sell them. I still have many nice DC war that I am not selling that I would like to scan to show everyone, but I need to have someone tell me how.

Thanks

Keith

Andy, I will have more books posting on e-bay hopefully every day for a while. Many of the copies I am selling are not undercopies. I have just decided to sell them. I still have many nice DC war that I am not selling that I would like to scan to show everyone, but I need to have someone tell me how.

Thanks

Keith

PM sent

Thanks

Keith

It's great to see Keith selling on e-bay again and if Andy would stop

sniping me every %#@*$ time, I might win one. I guess all's fair in

love and war including comic books.

Shep,

Love that OAAW 54 you posted and I would be in DC war book heaven

to find a copy again.

Awesome books lately guys and I see our big book hunter, Larry pulls

in another one. Nice pick up Larry!! (thumbs u So much for cooling it for

a while on the buying. :insane:

Well, I've only won two from Keith, Fay. I've noticed that there are a few others that I don't really know who are getting in on the bidding. Good for the seller, not so much for the buyer. :insane:

Andy

I'd be shocked if those sold for half that price... particularly the #174... it is easily the most common checkerboard DC war book out there in grade. I've seen perhaps a dozen VF/NM or better copies over the years.... at some point, there must have been a warehouse find some years ago. I got mine, an easy 9.0, in New York about 5 years ago.

Still... 9.8 is pretty heavy!

Shep

Spent 8 years trying to score this. Way-cool story. If there ever was a Big-5 JLA, this it it.

bnb52.jpg

Well, there's the nicest copy of this book I've ever seen. :o Unbelievable!

Andy

Agreed.... Mick, that is one smokin' hot copy of one of the toughest DC War book. Mine's a mere FN, and I am THRILLED to have it even in that grade.

Mmmmmmmm.... I've always loved that cover too. All purpley and nice!

Shep