• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Thanks guys. GIC has always been my favorite Big Five title.

Same here (thumbs u

These aren't quite the beauties that you posted but I love em just as much :cloud9:

This was the very first SA GIC that I ever owned and is one of the few surviving books from my original collection. I finally found a decent upgrade after all these years.

GIC-132.jpg

And here's one that I had never owned. That's always a plus.

GIC-135.jpg

Besides the GICs, I found a couple more nice Dell Combats. Anyone with issues of this title in VF or better to move please IM me :)

combat-8.jpg

combat-24.jpg

Those are great issues! That yellow one (#24?) is, if I'm not mistaken, the only cover Glanzman ever drew for the title even though his work is all over the interiors of many issues. It ALSO prominently features the USS Stevens (preceding the serialized semi-autobiographical DC series by quite a few years) on the cover--the 479 gives it away. It's worth mentioning that the original art to that is floating around somewhere. I saw an image of it years ago.

Edited by Comick1

Thanks Comick, You're right about the 24 being the only cover that Mr. Glanzman did for the series and I believe he did ALL of the interiors for the run, which is a big reason that I'm collecting them.

I appreciate the tidbit about that being the Stevens on the cover, it hadn't even occurred to me, that makes it an even cooler issue to me than it already is. :cloud9:

Recently graded by CGC. WOW!!!!!

ComicsSold148.jpg

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Recently graded by CGC. WOW!!!!!

ComicsSold148.jpg

Well done, Keith - if that was the ebay copy, I know that it was a bit of a roll of the dice but it certainly paid off for you. What a super, super copy.

YEAH BABY!!!!!

Shep