• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

WOW!!! :o Nice book Keith. :applause: :applause: :applause:(worship)

Here is one that arrived with a few others yesterday and is from

the Big Apple Pedigree collection. Russ Heath :cloud9:

OAAW182.jpg

And another e-bay win

GIC111.jpg

Great books lately guys!! (thumbs u

You really have posted some nice books lately Fay. Great job again!

Larry

WOW!!! :o Nice book Keith. :applause: :applause: :applause:(worship)

Here is one that arrived with a few others yesterday and is from

the Big Apple Pedigree collection. Russ Heath :cloud9:

OAAW182.jpg

And another e-bay win

GIC111.jpg

Great books lately guys!! (thumbs u

You really have posted some nice books lately Fay. Great job again!

Larry

You beat me to it, Larry. Very decent books, Fay! :cloud9:

Andy

Great books Fay! Love that Heath Rock cover. It was like a cool glimpse of what was to come with the stunning run of Rock he'd embark upon in subsequent years.

Go, Keith! I don't recall thinking that that GIC 87 would get an 8.5, but I've been known to be wrong once every decade or so. I think that makes it top of the census, right? A feather in your cap for sure!!

Edited by Comick1

Those of you who participated in thirdgreenham's fabulous Silver Age war sale recently may enjoy seeing this.

Not a comic book, although those are terrific too and I'll post some favorites as time permits, but the box they came in! About half of the surface of the box looked like this:

greenham.jpg

I figure it was either:

a reminder that Andy had to pay Canadian shipping rates

or

a gentle ribbing for "nickel and diming him to death" during the sale.

I was happy to get a big stack of reader and better All-American Men of War and Our Army at War comics for a reasonable price. It was great dealing with Andy -- thanks!

Jack

you know? even if they take out the tank with that bazooka, this cannot end well for the guys in the jeep!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q110/FayWilson/OAAW182.jpg

I don't think they can take out a Tiger by hitting it with a bazooka on its frontal armor. Too thick.

you know? even if they take out the tank with that bazooka, this cannot end well for the guys in the jeep!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q110/FayWilson/OAAW182.jpg

I don't think they can take out a Tiger by hitting it with a bazooka on its frontal armor. Too thick.

It wouldn't work on any part of the armor but could dislodge the treads.

I only started appreciating SA war comics about a decade or so ago. I made a trip to an estate auction that was supposed to have some nice GA books. Well they did, but all the better books went pretty expensive, including two Frazetta Buck Rogers Famous Funnies that went way over guide and way over my budget. So much for GA Bargains.

However, all the other collectors there completely ignored the war books so I ended up getting several lots. I seem to remember paying something like $30 for about 30 books.

Here are two of the best books from that first purchase.

oaw151.jpg

oaw177.jpg

If you guys were interested in what mr Joe Kubert looks like now, this pic was taken from the NYCC. It appears Mr. Kubert doesn"t really like his picture taken. Oh well.

DarwinsFolder134.jpg[/img]