• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Sorry to slightly derail this thread but does anybody remember what the Oakland copy of SSWS #138 sold for. I remember it was around December 2006 time as i placed a bid on it myself. It was also mentioned in another thread at the time because a board member here(1 of the main war guys) tried to snipe it but was outbid. If anybody has a link to that discuassion id be pleased to see it because for the life of me i just cant find it. Thanks.

Oakland SSWS 138 was a 9.2 that ended on 11.28.06. Execsec2 sold it to internetworkshop for $500. Motorcitycomics had a non-pedigree 138 in 9.6 end two days later for $1200 (which was the starting bid) to merceade. Goldust40 won some of the other SSWS Oaklands in that batch, perhaps he is the board member you are thinking of?

idol :gossip: ,although idle is an accurate description for some people....

Andy

doh! Spelling was never my strongest asset and the Trooper hopefully

knows what I meant. Smart-azz Andy. :hi:

:shy:

Sorry to slightly derail this thread but does anybody remember what the Oakland copy of SSWS #138 sold for. I remember it was around December 2006 time as i placed a bid on it myself. It was also mentioned in another thread at the time because a board member here(1 of the main war guys) tried to snipe it but was outbid. If anybody has a link to that discuassion id be pleased to see it because for the life of me i just cant find it. Thanks.

Oakland SSWS 138 was a 9.2 that ended on 11.28.06. Execsec2 sold it to internetworkshop for $500. Motorcitycomics had a non-pedigree 138 in 9.6 end two days later for $1200 (which was the starting bid) to merceade. Goldust40 won some of the other SSWS Oaklands in that batch, perhaps he is the board member you are thinking of?

(worship)

You've either got a fantastic memory, or you've got a great record-keeping system. :applause:

Andy

Originally Posted By: Weird
 Originally Posted By: parkinson

\(worship\)

You've either got a fantastic memory, or you've got a great record-keeping system. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Andy

I wish my memory was that good, Andy. AuctionMagic's archives and collecting the title for a while provided that information. (thumbs u

Weird can you shed some more light on what you just said as im not sure i understand it. What for example is auction magic archive as ive never heard of it.

Also my memory is poor as i actually thought the Oakland copy went for about $300. Is there anybody else who thought that the winning bidder paid too much at the time and more importantly what do you War collectors think that book is worth today.

Have not posted a thing here in a while. No scans yet but i got a couple goodies as of late.

A raw 7.5ish SSWS 86

a cgc 7.0 OOAW #82

a cgc 6.0 OOAW #45 Looks like an 8.5 but a water stain on the back brought it down. Too bad.

I also bought this

lf.jpg

Have not posted a thing here in a while. No scans yet but i got a couple goodies as of late.

A raw 7.5ish SSWS 86

a cgc 7.0 OOAW #82

a cgc 6.0 OOAW #45 Looks like an 8.5 but a water stain on the back brought it down. Too bad.

I also bought this

lf.jpg

Great stuff! :cloud9: mmmm sweet! Show some scans or pics. (thumbs uAndy

Weird can you shed some more light on what you just said as im not sure i understand it. What for example is auction magic archive as ive never heard of it.

Also my memory is poor as i actually thought the Oakland copy went for about $300. Is there anybody else who thought that the winning bidder paid too much at the time and more importantly what do you War collectors think that book is worth today.

AuctionMagic is sniping software that can act as a permanent "Watch List." Meaning it will save ebay item descriptions locally for reference purposes. Since I watch a lot of late SA and Bronze SSWS CGC books, I happened to have the issue you mentioned in my archive and after a quick search identified the book and bidding information.