• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,084 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Took a little time last night to survey my collection - pulled out of a bunch of nice books, ogled some greytones, marvelled at Heath and Kubert.

Then, I took a little time to survey my paypal account. And I came to the sad yet sober realization that I am spending WAAAAAAAAAY too much on war books these days.

So...

I'm taking a little vacation from buying war books for a while. Earlier this year, I took a 30 day ebay hiatus... and at the end of the month, I actually did notice a difference to the household bottom line.

So I'm going to do the same thing with the war comics for a while. My plan is... no new war books until the new year. I know it's going to be hard, and there will times that I'll be kicking myself when I have to pass on some great books. But I'm need of a little fiscal discipline, and this will be a good start.

(There is one caveat... the only book I'll fall off the wagon for is a 9.4 copy of OAAW #245. It is my white whale, and my bete noir.)

I'm seeing this not as a punishment, but as an opportunity to enjoy the books I've been lucky enough to get. Also, it'll mean that I can scan and post some books I just haven't had the time to do yet. So, look forward to seeing some cool books.

Flower and kind words of support will be appreciated.

Shep

I know it's going to be hard, and there will times that I'll be kicking myself when I have to pass on some great books. But I'm need of a little fiscal discipline, and this will be a good start.

(There is one caveat... the only book I'll fall off the wagon for is a 9.4 copy of OAAW #245. It is my white whale, and my bete noir.)

Shep, that is some seriously unfortuitous timing on your part. And here I was racking my brain last night for the coolest dude in war comics and how I'd like to offer him THIS for the grand total of $1.00 because . . .well, just BECAUSE!!!

ssws84.jpg

But it would be unfair of me to tempt you into falling off the wagon; so, for your benefit, I'm withdrawing my offer.

I know it's going to be hard, and there will times that I'll be kicking myself when I have to pass on some great books. But I'm need of a little fiscal discipline, and this will be a good start.

Shep, that is some seriously unfortuitous timing on your part. And here I was racking my brain last night for the coolest dude in war comics and how I'd like to offer him THIS for the grand total of $1.00 because . . .well, just BECAUSE!!!

ssws84.jpg

But it would be unfair of me to tempt you into falling off the wagon; so, for your benefit, I'm withdrawing my offer.

:roflmao:

You can tempt me, Mick....anytime. :gossip:

Andy

Hey everyone,

Took a little time last night to survey my collection - pulled out of a bunch of nice books, ogled some greytones, marvelled at Heath and Kubert.

Then, I took a little time to survey my paypal account. And I came to the sad yet sober realization that I am spending WAAAAAAAAAY too much on war books these days.

So...

I'm taking a little vacation from buying war books for a while. Earlier this year, I took a 30 day ebay hiatus... and at the end of the month, I actually did notice a difference to the household bottom line.

So I'm going to do the same thing with the war comics for a while. My plan is... no new war books until the new year. I know it's going to be hard, and there will times that I'll be kicking myself when I have to pass on some great books. But I'm need of a little fiscal discipline, and this will be a good start.

I'm seeing this not as a punishment, but as an opportunity to enjoy the books I've been lucky enough to get. Also, it'll mean that I can scan and post some books I just haven't had the time to do yet. So, look forward to seeing some cool books.

Flower and kind words of support will be appreciated.

Shep

:foryou: You'll do fine, Shep. Just be strong. (thumbs u

Andy

ssws84.jpg

Thanks for being so considerate Mick!

I laughed my azz off when I saw that... too funny.

The hardest part - just to add to my misery - is this book arrived... a $2 ebay grab. I'm going to miss these...

ssws95.jpg

Now, I'm going to go and cry for a while.

Shep

a $2 ebay grab.

Bargain hunter, extraordinaire! (worship)

Good Luck with staying on the wagon! :foryou:

Good luck Shep!

Just remember WWRD...what would Rock do? hm

Kill Germans?

That's going to get Shep into trouble.

lol I was thinking more along the lines of being strong, but y'know, whatever helps :insane:

Good Luck Shep and I'm going to try to join you in slowing right down

for a while. :( I've been spending more time just reading and admiring

my books and I've enjoyed every minute of it. :cloud9:

These two and a couple of others arrived in the same package

today from a fellow war board lover. Love this cover and I hear the

book once belonged to the King, Mick. (worship)

GIC79.jpg

One of the nicest books in my collection that came in a multi

book trade/purchase from our good buddy kagemusha7s. (thumbs u

OurArmy112.jpg

:cloud9: Thanks Mike, (worship) (worship)

I just hope you like your books as much as I've enjoyed these Beauties

so far today. :luhv: You made my day!!

:acclaim: :acclaim: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY!!!

May your year bring you good Karma. (thumbs u

:foryou: :foryou:

What th'?!?!?!?!?!?

ssws84.jpg

Thanks for being so considerate Mick!

I laughed my azz off when I saw that... too funny.

The hardest part - just to add to my misery - is this book arrived... a $2 ebay grab. I'm going to miss these...

ssws95.jpg

Now, I'm going to go and cry for a while.

Shep

Good Luck Shep and I'm going to try to join you in slowing right down

for a while. :( I've been spending more time just reading and admiring

my books and I've enjoyed every minute of it. :cloud9:

These two and a couple of others arrived in the same package

today from a fellow war board lover. Love this cover and I hear the

book once belonged to the King, Mick. (worship)

GIC79.jpg

One of the nicest books in my collection that came in a multi

book trade/purchase from our good buddy kagemusha7s. (thumbs u

OurArmy112.jpg

:cloud9: Thanks Mike, (worship) (worship)

I just hope you like your books as much as I've enjoyed these Beauties

so far today. :luhv: You made my day!!

:acclaim: :acclaim: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY!!!

May your year bring you good Karma. (thumbs u

:foryou: :foryou:

Fay,

Very happy to hear the books made it to you safely. (thumbs u

I will post mine as soon as it arrives.

Thanks again Fay!

Just got my package from Fay.

Along with money I needed to help to pay for this (Heritage win)

img748.jpg

I got this...

img749.jpg

Thank you Fay for crossing a tough book off of my list. (worship) You took me from not being able to find a nice copy, to having the highest graded copy :banana:

Thank you for working out a great deal for both of us. I wish everyone was as good to work with as you are. (worship):acclaim::applause::):banana::headbang: (thumbs u