• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Man, there have been some sweet books in this thread lately.

I've been a little absent of late... definitely been lighter in terms of buying and posting, though I have been keeping up with the war thread pretty regularly.

Got a few purchases from recent months to show. First up, one of my favorite Heath covers, from a really difficult part of the Our Army at War run. The books in the 40s just seem tough to find in any sort of good shape. I've been looking for one of these for a while, and I was able to get this one from Andy at Goldust comics... thanks man! Strictly graded as a FN, and it's every bit of that... maybe even a little better. Can't tell you how happy I am to finally get this one into the collection...

oaaw40.jpg

Nice ones, Shep. That OFF 88 is a hard one to find in grade for some reason, too.

Let me guess. You scored them all for under 10 bucks or something crazy cheap, right?!?!?

You are the king of ebay deals!

Edited by Comick1

Can't remember the exact prices offhand, but the two OFFs and Capt. Storm were pretty inexpensive :cloud9:

But don't worry, the OAAW #40 more than compensated... I had to go a little deep on that one. So... easy come, easy go!

Shep

HEADS UP.....There are some real nice D.C. War just listed on Clink in the fine to very fine + range. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

doh! I feel so......little. :sorry:

Given what you have Andy, you shouldn't feel that way. (worship)

Ditto (thumbs u

I have very few war books and have read only a fraction of the "good stuff" that makes up DC war.

3024023528_1168df2068_o.jpg

I have a bunch of these that I purchased from the Rexall drug store back in the sixties too (including this one).

Kubert was my favorite artist at the time.

My buddy George joined the Navy and I went into ROTC in 1965.

Fortunately I dropped out in 1966. But George re-enlisted in 1969 and stayed in until he retired..

bb

And a nice Capt. Storm..... this title gets next to no respect, but finding them in decent shape is a real challenge, and they are a lot of fun.

I agree! Capt. Storm is way underrated and a real person_without_enough_empathy to find in high grade.

Which issue of Our Army at War has the word balloon free short of the corn fed American G.I. and his young German counterpart fighting over a little puppy with all three ending up dead?

These are two of my favorites. They were stuck in a cedar chest when I went away to college and not returned to me until 1980.

3695532200_214204f390_b.jpg

3695502872_b4ccb719a6_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun