• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,097 posts in this topic

I love that site, but it's got some gaps... there are some unattributed Saunders covers out there.

Granted, it may be someone else... but the faces look unmistakeably Saunders.

That site is maintained by his son who did considerable research in putting together the definitive book on his father's work. I suspect that the cover is by Allan Anderson. He shared a studio and models with Norm and that's why you'll see see similarities.

Good to know!

Thanks

Shep

Anybody have a nice Fine or better copy of AAMOW 18 OUTSIDE the slab?

I'm looking for a scan for Bill Schelly who'se writing another Joe Kubert book and wants a full-sized 300dpi scan of it. If anybody does, would you PM me?

Thanks,

Mick

Hey Mick,

If this fits the bill, I can get you a higher res scan... I can even clean it up in photoshop.

aamow18.jpg

Apologies to ALL of you on the thread. I kept my Photobucket account, but moved images into folder-albums in order to better sort them. This meant that the links to my previous posts were broken for virtually everything. I always find that a bit annoying, so I just wanted to say I was sorry for making people guess about what the images were in previous discussions. Certainly no shortage of cool images with the awesome posts from all my fellow war-wackos, but since it's been kinda quiet around here, I thought this might not be be a bad opportunity to make up for lost time by posting some I'd posted before. I'll start with some AAMOWs.

AAMOW 20

aamow20.jpg

AAMOW 21

aamow21.jpg

AAMOW 28

aamow28.jpg

AAMOW 29

aamow29.jpg

Swwweeeet copy of that! Nice score there. There's a really nice Heath story in that one. If there were more war books of that caliber from whoever you got it from, I hope you cleaned 'em out.

Cool beans!

aamow45.jpg

Great colors that are perfectly suited for an excellent Grandenetti cover!

Apologies to ALL of you on the thread. I kept my Photobucket account, but moved images into folder-albums in order to better sort them. This meant that the links to my previous posts were broken for virtually everything. I always find that a bit annoying, so I just wanted to say I was sorry for making people guess about what the images were in previous discussions. Certainly no shortage of cool images with the awesome posts from all my fellow war-wackos, but since it's been kinda quiet around here, I thought this might not be be a bad opportunity to make up for lost time by posting some I'd posted before. I'll start with some AAMOWs.

S'okay Mick. Just gives you the excuse to post them again. :banana:

Great books Mick and Dmac!

I've got some recent pickups I need to get scanned... just been too frickin' busy. Man!

Also, might be having a little war comics sale later in March.... I'll post a heads up. Time to unload some sweet, sweet dupes.

Shep

aamow55.jpg

This hurt my eyes! :cry:

Warn us next before you post a Salida. :taptaptap: