• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of issues containing World War I themes besides the character "Enemy Ace"?

thanks

Jeez, there have been many stand alone stories but I believe Enemy Ace was the only continuing series.

I remember one back up story for instance about opposing snipers in the trenches and they eventually sight and kill each other simultaneously. Can't for the life of me remember which issue it was in but I'd bet a donut it was an issue of Sgt Rock.

Balloonbuster was another WWI based series.

balloonbuster? sounds odd, he just went around shooting down observation balloons?

This was one of Andy's books which I got in last weeks Sunday Heritage auction.

I absolutely love this cover. I'm surprised it didn't have a better showing in the cover contest last year...

oaaw37.jpg

...check out the background with the planes, bombardment ships, and landing craft of the incoming allied invasion force. The whole story in one panel!

Great book -- I was watching that auction because of that Grandenetti cover. :applause:

I absolutely love this cover. I'm surprised it didn't have a better showing in the cover contest last year...

oaaw37.jpg

...check out the background with the planes, bombardment ships, and landing craft of the incoming allied invasion force. The whole story in one panel!

oaaw37.jpg

Glad to see it's gone to a good home. :luhv:

Got in one of the big three today...

gicombat68.jpg

(A big thanks to a special boardie who who has to probe sphincters (thumbs u )

It goes nicely with these two...

oaaw81.jpg

oaaw83.jpg

Got in one of the big three today...

gicombat68.jpg

It goes nicely with these two...

oaaw81.jpg

oaaw83.jpg

Suweet!! (worship)

Beautiful books, Richard!!! :luhv:

Now, who the h3ll is this special boardie? hm

oaaw37.jpg

Hopefully the guy throws in a grenade before going in!

Nice book too.

Chooses to. :sumo:

:o

Choice is a good thing. Especially when it comes to sphincters.

Either way, Thanks (thumbs u

Hey guys,

In honor of Silver Age DC War comics, I thought I would post a link here to some original sketches of DC war comic characters I had done on blank DC Zero Hour comics for those of you who might be interested to view them. (thumbs u Here it is:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3943514&fpart=3

Also, :gossip: there are some great photos of original Sgt. Rock sketches done by the legendary Russ Heath in the Signature Room! Here's the link:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4016674&fpart=5

Mervin

Edited by OV

Thanks Mervin, I'll check those links out and comment a little later. (thumbs u

I did want to mention that I've got the pictures of my t-shirt giveaways now. I just have to upload them and post them here. I'm giving them away in my war comics sale/promo thread. The link to that thread is below.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4139176#Post4139176

Andy

aamow94tshirt.jpg

gic78tshirt.jpg

gic80tshirt.jpg

gic87tshirt.jpg

gic88tshirt.jpg

oaaw112tshirt.jpg

oaaw275tshirt.jpg

off29tshirt.jpg

off71tshirt.jpg

ssws81tshirt.jpg

Special thanks to hesdeadjim (Rudi) for doing these up for me. (worship)

I had 6 of each of these shirts made, 3 XL, 3 L. I will be keeping 1 of each, so 5 of each available, actually. These are for prizes for winning my weekly contests, and I'll try to have some for the top 3 finishers overall as well.

Rudi even made up this one of a kind tee and (I imagine) through it in as a bonus.

giclogotshirt.jpg

I think these all look great! :luhv: How about you??

Andy

OK, off the beaten path for a second......

Has anyone seen the SGT Fury toy soldiers? All I have found out about these is that they were mostly sold at five and dimes in the 70's? or 80's? These don't have any upcs, and are very cheaply packaged (bubbles are super super thin, back of the package is blank brown cardboard). I'm trying to get a full set together, but don't know what or if I'm missing any. Pictured are: Beachhead Assult, Armored Attack, Defence force with Floating Bridge, Invasion Team, and an Armored Attack 4 soldier pack. I buy multiples when I find them, and there is a guy on Ebay that sells I believe the invasion team that he got a whole case of. Any information would be appreciated!

sgtfurytoys.JPG

Edited by jaster-mereel