• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Totally agree on the Heath story, Adamstrange. I was floored when I saw it. The first page is just killer on every level, even for Heath.

Mmmmmmm..... War comics.

:pullhair: Me not have copy of #35. All this talk of a Heath desert story!!! :tonofbricks:

Totally agree on the Heath story, Adamstrange.

Russ Heath did some fabulous war books for DC. He's my second favourite DC war genre artist after Joe Kubert with Ross Andru being third.

Mmmmmmm..... War comics.

Well if you like war comics you might like these even though they're not by Heath:

02-06-201182008PM.jpg

02-06-201182011PM.jpg

02-06-201182015PM.jpg

;)

Totally agree on the Heath story, Adamstrange. I was floored when I saw it. The first page is just killer on every level, even for Heath.

Mmmmmmm..... War comics.

:pullhair: Me not have copy of #35. All this talk of a Heath desert story!!! :tonofbricks:

I'm open to a trade. Got any Kubert Enemy Ace original art. :insane:

I took this by hand with my camera so the image is not quite as crisp as I would like but I think it still provides a glimpse of how inspired Heath was. As good as it is, I'm even more partial to his story in SSWS 34.

SSWS35pg1.jpg

SSWS35pg3.jpg

Beautiful copy from a tough time period for DCs. :applause:

aamow23.jpg

I thought of this thread when I chanced upon this 1950s illustration by James R. Bingham from the Saturday Evening Post: todaysinspiration

SEPJamesRBingham.jpg

I would bet that there is a war cover with a swipe of that, or at least one with an image that closely mimics it. Very cool (thumbs u

aamow57.jpg