• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

LCS. This same dealer let go of a GI Combat 87 in similar shape (maybe a touch worse) for $60. I missed it by 10 minutes.

The guy that bought that $60 G.I. Combat 87 has agreed to sell it to me.

For $60! :whee:

I only have access to a camera phone at the moment, but I thought this needed a pic.

269963_204008252982650_100001204311555_628967_1994119_n.jpg[/img]

Wooo boy! :whee:

Great deal, congrats. My copy is CGCd and I would love to read it.

LCS. This same dealer let go of a GI Combat 87 in similar shape (maybe a touch worse) for $60. I missed it by 10 minutes.

The guy that bought that $60 G.I. Combat 87 has agreed to sell it to me.

For $60! :whee:

I only have access to a camera phone at the moment, but I thought this needed a pic.

269963_204008252982650_100001204311555_628967_1994119_n.jpg[/img]

Wooo boy! :whee:

Great deal, congrats. My copy is CGCd and I would love to read it.

Crack it and read it. (thumbs u

I just got this gem in the mail from a nice war collector named Andy (thumbs u

I love Joe Kubert's covers! :cloud9:

005-9.jpg[/img]

And since I love Joe Kubert's war covers so much I had to have this one too. I know it's not silver age, but has anyone here read the series? :gossip:

004-9.jpg[/img]

For $60!

269963_204008252982650_100001204311555_628967_1994119_n.jpg

You definitely got your money's worth (thumbs u And then some (thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

Kubert! :headbang:

I just got this gem in the mail from a nice war collector named Andy (thumbs u

I love Joe Kubert's covers! :cloud9:

005-9.jpg[/img]

Hi Folks,

This is a general announcement/invitation about the DC War Comics Collectors' Summit held next Thursday, July 21 at 8:00 PM on the first day of San Diego Comicon.

We're holding it at Filippi's Pizza Grotto located under the "Little Italy" sign just north of downtown. It's approximately a 20 minute walk or a 5 minute cab ride. I kinda recommend the walk because once you get far enough away from the convention that you have a fighting chance to take a cab, the ride's only going to be about 3 minutes.

Anyway, here's the address:

Filippi's Pizza Grotto

1747 India Street

San Diego, California 92101

Restaurant Phone: (619) 232 - 5094

PM me if you're coming so I can keep an accurate count for a reservation. As a side note, this is a VERY popular destination for eats in town. Pam and I drive 15 minutes out of our way for it because it's truly the best pizza (and the pasta's among the best) in town.

We're going to make a "flat-rate" amount for the sake of making things easy and everybody'll kick in 20 bucks. That'll cover ALL food and non-alcoholic drinks. If you want alcohol, we're going "cash-bar" which is essentially that the waitstaff keeps a tab and gives you the bill at the end.

You can box up your pizza and have your leftovers for the next day's lunch. They are very generous with their portions.

Edited by Comick1

I'm going this year, my first, so if anyone wants my cell # just pm me

I'll see you there, Vaughn, and I'll bring your book. (thumbs u

Saving on shipping charges are ya :baiting:

I guess I can still ship it. hm