• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,086 posts in this topic

2 recent pick-ups from fee-bay SCAN0098.jpg

It seems to me that Atlas War and Horror books suck!! are becoming more and more popular.

NO THEY ARE NOT!!! :sumo:(tsk)

I concur and I would just stick to collecting DC War! (thumbs u

I think your secret is slowly getting out Dan. :gossip:

:sorry:

Eighteen books heading my way this weekend thanks to Shep letting me

make a few payments and here are a few of the high-lites. :cloud9:

Love this cover and don't see it up for sale too often.

OAAW5245.jpg

OAAW5180.jpg

Russ Heath! :headbang:

OAAW4050-1.jpg

SSWS2050.jpg

It's great to finally replace this issue and although I miss my CGC 7.5 River City

I know it's in a good home and my buddy Mike is a fanatic about Frogmen. :hi:

SSWS4955.jpg

SSWS5845.jpg

SSWS4760.jpg

Love this cover and this copy is a beauty. :luhv:

OFF6585-1.jpg

It's going to be a great upcoming week and thanks again Brian! (worship)

A great deal from e-bay seller "Phdog" or board member Phil50. A great seller

that I would highly recommend! (thumbs u

WarComics34Phdog.jpg

Nice cross-section of the DC war trifecta: Kubert, Heath, and Grandenetti!!! Great scores, Fay!

So, continuing the conversation, what other war books are, or have the potential to be, in the $3K club? Obviously G.I. Combat 87 is there. Would a high, high grade copy of Combat 1 or one of the other Atlas first issues get close? Two-Fisted Tales Annual would be around there.

We'll see :grin: , I consigned my copy of Combat 1 River City pedigree CGC 9.2 to Sparkle City comics. Will be coming up for auction soon.

Combat #1 in 9.2 appears to be a $1263 book. It also will soon be residing in Texas. :whee:

Awwww Richard... You shouldn't have! I'll be by to pick it up later this week. You're the best!

You big silly-billy.

Yeah, sometimes I crack myself up.

But seriously, when can I hold the comic in my hands? I may not own it, but I might still wanna drool over it.

Not to sound like a stalker, but I noticed a couple of nights ago that there was a new book included in the OAAW #83 census tally And, it happens to be a 7.5!

Thats a pretty big addition! I dont believe there has been anything larger than a 6.5 added in the last year.

Anybody got the 411 on who the lucky beneficiary might be?

Can you tell if it is newly graded or an upgrade?

Newly graded.

And I also see that the CGC Q 6.0 OAAW #83 that Hawkman and Peewee unearthed in that big collection—got itself pressed. It’s now a 7.0.

Not to sound like a stalker, but I noticed a couple of nights ago that there was a new book included in the OAAW #83 census tally And, it happens to be a 7.5!

Thats a pretty big addition! I dont believe there has been anything larger than a 6.5 added in the last year.

Anybody got the 411 on who the lucky beneficiary might be?

Can you tell if it is newly graded or an upgrade?

Newly graded.

And I also see that the CGC Q 6.0 OAAW #83 that Hawkman and Peewee unearthed in that big collection—got itself pressed. It’s now a 7.0.

The 83 was the ONLY book in the whole 1600 book collection with a coupon clipped. Go figure.

So, continuing the conversation, what other war books are, or have the potential to be, in the $3K club? Obviously G.I. Combat 87 is there. Would a high, high grade copy of Combat 1 or one of the other Atlas first issues get close? Two-Fisted Tales Annual would be around there.

We'll see :grin: , I consigned my copy of Combat 1 River City pedigree CGC 9.2 to Sparkle City comics. Will be coming up for auction soon.

Combat #1 in 9.2 appears to be a $1263 book. It also will soon be residing in Texas. :whee:

Awwww Richard... You shouldn't have! I'll be by to pick it up later this week. You're the best!

You big silly-billy.

But seriously, when can I hold the comic in my hands? I may not own it, but I might still wanna drool over it.

Sorry I missed you at the shop today. ( :gossip: Aren't those posters cool?)

Anyway, here it is...

combat1.jpg

Hey all,

I was refiling some comics after my recent war sale, and found a stack of books that I'm bringing to market this weekend... Keep an eye out Saturday afternoon. Some very nice stuff from early to late silver, with most of the DC war titles represented.

Thanks!

Shep

If you're thinking of Andru and Esposito, you'd be looking at Metal Men covers, [b&B] Suicide Squad (25-27), late 10¢/early 12¢ Wonderwoman, and most of the dinosaur war books (SSWS) that were NOT immediately recognizable (and usually signed) as Kubert or Heath. A&E rarely were given permission to sign their work (SSWS 125 comes to mind as a rare exception), but it's not hard to recognize their style. Their characters always had very distinctive eyeballs. That's usually the dead giveaway. See Wonder Woman 122 or 136. Or the gorilla on SSWS 111.

No, the Capt. Storm artist--Irv Novick--only occasionally drew covers for DC war (except early-on) but had volumes and volumes of interior stories. The Capt. Storm #8 is the only Novick washtone that I can think of.

Edited by Comick1

You big silly-billy.

Sorry I missed you at the shop today. ( :gossip: Aren't those posters cool?)

Anyway, here it is...

combat1.jpg

Nice! :grin: