• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, kagemusha7s said:

One of my all time favorites.... and it inspired this 

ooaw112100.JPG

That, too, is ultra cool! What's striking about it is how it's Kubert-like even when the faces don't lend themselves to Kubert features. Even Lunar at the bottom somehow looks like something that Kubert would draw if somebody told him to draw a funky little werewolf.

4 hours ago, FutureFlash said:

Those are some nice frog covers. I'll plan on collecting them once I have finished up OAAW 81-112, GIC perty-thirty and the Enemy Ace issues. So many war comics so little time and/or money :).

We have similar interests....  Since starting collecting war comics, my focus has been Frogmen covers and OAAW 81-112....  I have been working on 81-112 for years and I still havent comlpeted it.  I am close though....

19 hours ago, kagemusha7s said:

We have similar interests....  Since starting collecting war comics, my focus has been Frogmen covers and OAAW 81-112....  I have been working on 81-112 for years and I still havent comlpeted it.  I am close though....

It is a small world indeed. You are much farther along on OAAW, I've only got 3 of them so far...but I do have 83 so at least I have big one out of the way. Good luck on finding your last few issues!

4 hours ago, FutureFlash said:

It is a small world indeed. You are much farther along on OAAW, I've only got 3 of them so far...but I do have 83 so at least I have big one out of the way. Good luck on finding your last few issues!

That's funny....83 was one of the first books I picked up in that run.  A nice subset to follow the 81-112 are the Rock prototype issues.

Happy Hunting

On 9/29/2017 at 3:57 PM, kagemusha7s said:

sort of similar interests as i put together an OOAW 1-80 run ,... it was so much fun !!