• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

maybe one day... :wishluck:

Sgt Rock + WWII=Blockbuster

Also lets get a new Sgt. Rock ongoing. Get a good writer and artist and I think it could sell. Start the series in North Africa with the Torch landings and then Sicily/Italy. From there Normandy, Bulge and Germany. Maybe to flashback issues dealing with origins. Make it happen DC!

They have teased that Sgt Rock is going to make an appearance on Legends of Tomorrow. My hope is that they do so well with it that generates buzz and then renews interest in a movie adaptation taken from some of the early OAAW stories. It's a long shot tho....

7 hours ago, FutureFlash said:

Awesome, I totally forgot about that shot in the movie. Predator is one of my favorite movies of the 80s. 1987 such a great year, Predator, Twins win the World Series and 8th Grade. :banana: 

Git to da choppa!

Speaking of a Sgt. Rock movie, how cool would that be...but only if they set it in WWII.

Also, don't forget Metallica's Master of Puppets.  I was only 4 in 87 xD

On 8/11/2017 at 9:36 AM, Brian48 said:

I had not heard this.  To be honest, I've never heard of Glanzman until about two years ago when I found this beautiful 9.6ish Dell Combat #21 in a $3 bargin bin mixed with a bunch of low grade drek.  Was taken back by how great the cover was.   Not a huge fan of war books, but I do have this one on wall because it's so cool to look at.  

159387.jpg.6cb2544559885b38730332e74e63f

Original PGM thread back in 2015 with additional pics.

Awesome!!!

On 8/12/2017 at 11:57 AM, creaturefan95 said:

It's  funny that by in the peak days, Arnold was proposed or targeted for the role of Sgt Rock.  As much as I love Arnie's flicks back in the '80s/'90s, I just couldn't imagine Sgt Rock with such a thick Austrian accent.  

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a modern interpretation of both Sgt Rock and the Blackhawk squadron "taking the fight" to Darkseid's forces in JLA or JLA2, led by either Batman or Wonder Woman. 

1 hour ago, Brian48 said:

It's  funny that by in the peak days, Arnold was proposed or targeted for the role of Sgt Rock.  As much as I love Arnie's flicks back in the '80s/'90s, I just couldn't imagine Sgt Rock with such a thick Austrian accent.  

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a modern interpretation of both Sgt Rock and the Blackhawk squadron "taking the fight" to Darkseid's forces in JLA or JLA2, led by either Batman or Wonder Woman. 

599c4ad2201cc_SGTROCK.thumb.jpg.fb6eb4fa01573b53d4eaf4506f63230f.jpg

hm

11 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

2 (29).jpg

Amazing War comic/Romance OA by Kav ......................

Wow that is incredible!!