• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

On 2017-09-06 at 10:27 PM, 1950's war comics said:

War and Attack #3 cover swipe of OAAW #37 (which happens to be one of my all time favorites, notice how the cave opening is shaped like a human skull)

with an OOAW #37 in hand , one can truly appreciate the brilliant concept of the cover layout.... as mentioned the cave is shaped like a skull.... the vivid colors outside the cave are in stark contrast with the black and grey borders ... with comic in hand one can see the invasion group leaving the capitol ships and making their way towards shore... 

In this cover scenario, without a grenade to first pitch inside the cave the US soldier is doomed..... The Japanese soldiers were very brave and seldom surrendered, 

OAAW 37 was one of my favourites from the whole run. Thanks for posting!

On 9/5/2017 at 2:44 PM, IngelsFan said:

I hadn't seen this book in over 5 years, and was afraid that it had gotten lost in the multiple moves that I've made. However, I found it this past weekend after finally starting the Herculean task of organizing my garage. This is the result of many San Diego Comiccons, many War Dinners, and a couple of risky nail biting mailing sessions where I hoped that the USPS wouldn't wreck the book. But here it is, my first copy of the Pedrin Big 5 guide, and a few signatures you guys might recognize...

image.jpeg

The word, "EPIC!!!!!!" comes to mind. That's a mind-blower. In retrospect, it doesn't seem quite possible to have had so many of those guys make it to the banquet. Esposito and Grandenetti were the two that never made it, but that didn't stop them from donating works to the auctions in absentia. Great folks all around!
Mick

On 9/5/2017 at 2:44 PM, IngelsFan said:

I hadn't seen this book in over 5 years, and was afraid that it had gotten lost in the multiple moves that I've made. However, I found it this past weekend after finally starting the Herculean task of organizing my garage. This is the result of many San Diego Comiccons, many War Dinners, and a couple of risky nail biting mailing sessions where I hoped that the USPS wouldn't wreck the book. But here it is, my first copy of the Pedrin Big 5 guide, and a few signatures you guys might recognize...

image.jpeg

Amazing!!!

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Well excuse me for my posts and photo's , sorry if it has ruined your day, i do not like the tone you have used, take your attitude and posts to the water cooler

I am sorry if I came off sounding like a jerk. I replied to your post before you edited it and was not quick enough to change my response accordingly :sorry:

6 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

By the way, I'm having a war comics sale in the gold/silver/bronze section tomorrow. :whee: 

Thanks for the heads up @thirdgreenham !! i have actually finished most my war runs and and have branched out !! let me know what you have in "Leave it to Binky" lol !!

It's a mix of stuff.  All original owner, most of the grades are around VG/F 5.0

Small bit of DC, some Avon, Toby, Atlas, Harvey, ME, Quality, Farrell, Ziff Davis, Standard, Fiction House, etc...

Should begin around 9:30-10:00 AM, Eastern.  So...very soon now... :popcorn:

@1950's war comics

Once again, I am really sorry and I sincerly mean it. I will choose my words more carefully next time. From now on, I will pay careful attention to the tone of my posts and how my attitude may come across to anyone reading them. You did nothing wrong and I hope you can forgive me.