• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Looks even better than the scan .... I had picked it up for inventory, but Judy took a shine to it...... which is just as well. It's my favorite Mlle. Marie cover and with Drucker art inside :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

I had never owned a copy and just read it last night...... a Drucker lead-in, Kubert in the middle, and Heath bringing up the rear.... it's a really good comic. GOD BLESS...

On 12/15/2017 at 12:59 PM, jimjum12 said:

I had never owned a copy and just read it last night...... a Drucker lead-in, Kubert in the middle, and Heath bringing up the rear.... it's a really good comic. GOD BLESS...

I think Jack Abel penciled the story "The Glass Hill!" in that issue of SSWS.

On 12/20/2017 at 10:51 AM, comick1 said:

Really pretty copy! Tough book for sure!

I have a copy has a tape repair on the front cover that disfigured GI Joe's face and some missing pieces. Passed few more copies are in bad shape but this condition of the copy is unrealistic!

6 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

a fun little 1-20 run to put together, other than issue #1 they are not hard to find with patience......

DSCN3694 - Edited.jpg

I didn't know that there WERE 20 issues of that! I don't see those around very much. Can't imagine they're that it's an easy run to assemble!

6 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

a fun little 1-20 run to put together, other than issue #1 they are not hard to find with patience......

DSCN3694 - Edited.jpg

37 minutes ago, comick1 said:

I didn't know that there WERE 20 issues of that! I don't see those around very much. Can't imagine they're that it's an easy run to assemble!

One thing unique I recently noticed about Battle Cry is that the early ones actually have the year they were published along with the month printed on the cover. Do you know if any other war comic did this? No. 4 is interesting for how shamelessly it rips off EC by rearranging panels lifted directly from Frontline Combat and Two-Fisted Tales! It's a pity that the later issues contain nothing but reprinted material as they have some of the best covers in the entire run! I've only ever seen two in person and there is not a lot of them to be had online either.

i was fortunate to pick up this copy of War Comics #11 about five years ago before the price took off, this 

one is about a CGC 3.5 (hopefully).. i have not seen one graded higher than a 5.5 or one that looked better than that..

last i knew one could still pick up low grade reader copies for  in the neighborhood of about $100  ??

DSCN3700 - Edited.jpg

9 hours ago, comick1 said:

That is the beauty of this hobby @comick1 and particularly Golden Age..... none of these issues are rare or even expensive,.. it's just that they are not quite all that popular enough to get listed on eBay that often 

but with a little patience ,.. all 20 issues can and will eventually appear for sale over the next 4-5 years and the run can be completed... and it is a great feeling when a new issue needed for your run appears !!!

as you are aware ..GA comic collecting , especially the more obscure runs , is a hobby for a lifetime !! it sometimes might take 5-10 years to complete even a smaller run !!

i have currently branched off into humour and romance , and have picked out a couple fun obscure runs to work on for the rest of my life (lord willing :wishluck:

one of the new runs i am working on is so obscure/unpopular... "Leave it to Binky" .. that there was not one single issue available at the last comic con i went too....

Edited by 1950's war comics