• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

I know it's a beater and not one of the favored Big Five, but not a bad-looking DC war book for a buck. Irv Novick working, intentionally I'd imagine, in a Kubert-like style. In fact the seller called it a Kubert book (there is a Kubert back-up story).

Jack

53293-CaptStorm.jpg

I know it's a beater and not one of the favored Big Five, but not a bad-looking DC war book for a buck. Irv Novick working, intentionally I'd imagine, in a Kubert-like style. In fact the seller called it a Kubert book (there is a Kubert back-up story).

Jack

53293-CaptStorm.jpg

A great buy for a buck! (thumbs u

Andy

Funny, I didn't see you shaking :takeit: at mine.

:baiting:

Another "nobody wants it so nobody has it" title, I suppose.

Jack

I've actually had a really hard time finding HG copies of Capt. Storm... I love so many of the covers.

Underrated title fo sho.

Shep

Funny, I didn't see you shaking :takeit: at mine.

:baiting:

Another "nobody wants it so nobody has it" title, I suppose.

Jack

I've actually had a really hard time finding HG copies of Capt. Storm... I love so many of the covers.

Underrated title fo sho.

Shep

I've got most of the run in low grade, but only a couple in 8.5+. If you have any sharp VFs of that title, gimme a shout!

Shep

[re: Captain Storm]

I've got most of the run in low grade, but only a couple in 8.5+. If you have any sharp VFs of that title, gimme a shout!

Shep

Yeah, reader copies aren't hard to come by.

I'm not sure I have ANY war comics in VF and up. Maybe some bronze age Combat Kelly or DC titles in fine or better. I enjoy seeing the high-grade copies here!

Jack

I like it... I think I've owned all those books at one time or another... I see a little Weird War, A little OAAW #112, and some nice Heath Atlas war...

Nice!

Shep

:gossip: I went through the SA war thread and pulled the Atlas images from books you posted Shep. :grin:

So what do you guys think about my sig?

Awesome, Jeff! :headbang:

Nice combo of DC & Atlas!

I did a little something similar for the VCC, and liked it so much I made another from the GA, and another for my top 25 (although I'm not sure if this really is my top 25).

53359-header.jpg.412659c7950e479648397cdf12c9ec4e.jpg

53360-GAbaddiesa.jpg.135023192677186d437a8e8f9aa2f8f4.jpg

53361-top252-08a.jpg.6ce5a5503af60410f42761378b617bb3.jpg

I did a little something similar for the VCC, and liked it so much I made another from the GA, and another for my top 25 (although I'm not sure if this really is my top 25).

Sweet stuff! :applause:

Andy