• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

So is there any way to limit an ebay search so that I don't need to continue to sift through offerings from a particular seller?

I'm getting tired of sellers--one in particular--who use "stock" images that aren't the actual copies they're selling. . .not to mention that the stuff NEVER sells and there're pages of just THAT seller's stuff to sift through every time I'm searching for. . .say GI Combat for instance.

I have the same problem. I haven't figured out how to exclude a seller, but if you do a search with:

-"mycomicshop"

and/or

-"milehighcomics"

(make sure to check the box for "search title and description"), then that will exclude the two main offenders. I'm working on DTA collectibles too.

I have the same problem. I haven't figured out how to exclude a seller, but if you do a search with:

-"mycomicshop"

and/or

-"milehighcomics"

(make sure to check the box for "search title and description"), then that will exclude the two main offenders. I'm working on DTA collectibles too.

doh!

-"mycomicshop"

and/or

-"milehighcomics"

doh!

it's not as easy as it seems. You have to find some text that's unique to all their auctions, and the "DTA" actually doesn't appear in the auction text. You can piece together a stretch of words, but I haven't taken the time to look for a single word that will work. I tried cultureandthrills, but that seemed to be hit or miss.

In order to exclude a seller from a search, click on Advanced Search, scroll down until you see this

excludeseller.jpg

Select the check box, then choose 'exclude' from the drop down menu and then you can type in the screenames of the seller you wish to exclude.

Make sure you save the search so you don't have to do this every time.

You're not the only one who got tired of wading through Chuck's overpriced stuff. It's a shame really because if his prices were rooted in reality and not pot induced hallucinations, I would buy some stuff from him.

At least mycomicshop sometimes gives you an actual scan of the book and their prices are more reasonable. Just don't expect their NM to be a true NM.

You're not the only one who got tired of wading through Chuck's overpriced stuff. It's a shame really because if his prices were rooted in reality and not pot induced hallucinations, I would buy some stuff from him.

At least mycomicshop sometimes gives you an actual scan of the book and their prices are more reasonable. Just don't expect their NM to be a true NM.

I have no problem dealing with mycomicshop, but there are times when I want to see the newly listed books and they've dumped several thousand on at once so I have to exclude them.

Good job on getting those SSWS books, Karma! They look pretty nice. (thumbs u

Nice pick ups, Shep!

By the way, save up your pennies. I'll be setting up at the Toronto Comicon on April 18/19. :headbang:

Andy

I bought a huge stack of books off mycomicshop a few years back... all listed as NM. Exactly half were ... FNs at best. The other half.... pure, shiny NMs, including a ridiculous copy of Weird War #19, a book that had eluded me in grade for years. The good news was, they took a full no-hassle return on their books, and paypal'd back the money same day.

So, they struck me as good peeps.

Shep

I also had purchased some books off of mycomicshop and was happy with about 3/4 of them the others went back! I got one book from Chuck and was actually very pleased (NM copy of OAAW# 243, I was lucky!!!).

Nice books Shep!

Larry

Hey all,

One of my passions besides comics is collecting toy soldiers, mostly Airfix HO scale stuff from the 60s and 70s.

Last week, while noodling ebay, I found a group of Airfix boxes I needed.... and sort of tucked into the lot was a very rare, and interesting item...

A complete 'TANK TRAP' game from the Helen of Toy company. Having seen literally hundreds of ads for them in the DC war comics over the years, I was always curious about what they were all about.

I'll take some shots and post them over the weekend. Dinky and low-rent for sure, but no question that it has a certain charm.

Shep