• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

This was waiting for me when I got home from work today.

GIC_75.jpg

I see you got that from Sanchez on eBay. I bought his 78 and 82. A little optimistic grade-wise, but both were solid deals for the price.

I've always found him a little optimistic grade-wise as well, you just have to factor that into the price. They were still nice pick ups for the price. (thumbs u all of you.

Andy

Yeah, a bit of a gamble. Maybe not the best of deals but I'm pretty happy with it. one of the best covers

Fixed it for you ;)

Yeah, a bit of a gamble. Maybe not the best of deals but one of the best covers and I'm pretty happy with it.

Fixed it for you ;)

Fixed again :baiting:

I would have paid what you paid, so cheer up!

:banana:

Edited by Jeffro

Carlos is good folks every step of the way. I got lots of killer books from him over the years. He's a fan of the war stuff through and through. Made it to one of the war comics banquet / auctions a long time ago.

The nicest GIC 76 I ever saw came from him. . .among other great stuff.

Your resident golden age nerd may start collecting some war books...

oaaw81.jpg

Thanks for the kudos. I am in the fortunate position of having two of the bigger DC War collectors as customers living here in Houston. This was one of their cast-offs.

It is hard being a dealer sometimes and having neat books go through your hands (like a 9.0 OAAW 82 or a nm raw G.I Combat 44 :cry: ) .

And a dealer can't make a living if he keeps everything. But I always wanted a nice copy of OAAW 81. I may only be able to keep it for a short while but it is pretty darn cool for now.

Your resident golden age nerd may start collecting some war books...

oaaw81.jpg

Hokey Smokes!!!! :o

Thanks for the kudos. I am in the fortunate position of having two of the bigger biggest DC War collectors as customers living here in Houston. This was one of their cast-offs.

It is hard being a dealer sometimes and having neat books go through your hands (like a 9.0 OAAW 82 or a nm raw G.I Combat 44 :cry: ) .

And a dealer can't make a living if he keeps everything. But I always wanted a nice copy of OAAW 81. I may only be able to keep it for a short while but it is pretty darn cool for now.

Fixed that for you.

Was that GI Combat 44 a number of years ago?

Was that GI Combat 44 a number of years ago?

Yes...It was pretty freakin' awesome.