• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

A sailor’s story is so so good! :luhv: 

My first OAAW issue was #220 (just missed #218 earlier). Every issue, I always went for USS Stevens section first. Sometimes, I was so disappointed it didn't feature my favorite part but next issue had it that made my day.  I could sense Sam Glanzman's stories were authentic. Almost!

On 1/31/2018 at 10:26 PM, JollyComics said:

I would like to buy the novel but I don't know which is better.  Maybe you have seen it or both.  Just tell me which one I should grab.

The same title - A Sailor’s Story by Sam Glanzman.  There are two novels but I would love to see all arts were done by the same artist in one book.

Which publication has a better version and printing quality?  What is your recommendation?

Marvel Graphic Novel #30
Dover Publications Graphic Novel
Marvel Graphic Novel - Volume Two - Winds, Dreams and Dragons (this may be older than #30)

I can't help you with your specific question but I hope you have or eventually purchase:

https://www.amazon.com/U-S-S-Stevens-Collected-Stories-Graphic/dp/0486801586/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1517624990&sr=8-2&keywords=sam+glanzman&dpID=51DoxeR0S%2BL&preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch

10 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

That is a perfect copy.  Thanks!

18 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

From experience, I felt OFF was tougher to complete. IIRC, there were a couple of issues in the 20s or 30s that proved fairly elusive.

Our Army At War was easily the hardest to complete, if you ever decide to branch out. 2c 

OOAW has the toughest first issue to get of the DC big 5 war ...my 2c

On 2/9/2018 at 9:05 AM, jimjum12 said:

Big Bob Storms strikes again...... got this nice Foxhole 2 upgrade off him recently. These are not easy to find, especially in any kind of shape. My beloved undercopy that I got from Raze has found a new home with a good friend who will appreciate it as much as I did. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

xcCZOwb.jpg

Pretty copy.