• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, creaturefan95 said:

Yes, but no one cares about the first appearance of Pvt. Ike enough to slab a copy such as mine. If the title was on the registry, would you get all 20 issues graded?

a CGC member can request any set to be added to the registry as long as there is at least one graded copy already ... i actually had to request that War Action and War Fury be added to the registry ,,, CGC did add them , it took about three months for them to get around to it which was fine ... i probably wouldn't get my Battle Cry set graded because only about a third of them are fine or better, plus the 20 issues grading/slabbing costs about as much as the set is worth, i might get graded someday a couple of my smaller war runs like the 5 issue War Combat run...

First of all, I was outbid for that particular book I really wanted.  That was a month ago. I thought that book was a keeper until I saw the recent auction on eBay.

The winner paid $6785 included 18% Buyer's Premium and probably paid 2% rocket payment on the website instead of using the personal check plus 4% surcharge for using the credit card. The winner had to pay to the local packing company (not cheaper as you think).

Should be no more than $7200 after the winner paid but he didn't keep the book and wants more money!  The seller used the reserve price and didn't sell it. Now look at his new BIN!

Our Army at War #83 CGC 7.0

What a SOB!

PS, he wasted other $800 on it for using the reserve price.  He cannot make up for his loss.

Edited by JollyComics

1 hour ago, creaturefan95 said:

Beaters are still better than having no copy at all! I'm just waiting for a good deal on one of those issues to pop up on eBay:taptaptap:

That is true about at least getting a copy. I'm not to picky (as long as it has a cover and complete) about these early issues. If I was waiting around for nice copies , I don't think I could complete a DC Big 5 run. Are you trying to complete all 5 titles as well, or a subset?

Just now, FutureFlash said:

That is true about at least getting a copy. I'm not to picky (as long as it has a cover and complete) about these early issues. If I was waiting around for nice copies , I don't think I could complete a DC Big 5 run. Are you trying to complete all 5 titles as well, or a subset?

Only All-American Men of War for right now.

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

2 hours ago, FutureFlash said:

Nice! Oddly All-American is the one title of the five so far I have the least of.

How many is that? I've only got eighteen issues (7-16, 46, 61, 75, 101, 103, 107, 113, and 117).

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

21 hours ago, creaturefan95 said:

How many is that? I've only got eighteen issues (7-16, 46, 61, 75, 101, 103, 107, 113, and 117).

Only 13 AAMOW at the moment (6,17,23,64-65,73,77-78,94,97,110,112-113)

Issues so far of other Big 5 titles:

OFF:19

SSWS/US:44

GIC:57

OAAW/SR:93

Oddly enough AAMOW 110 was the first issue I purchased of the Big 5 titles back in 2014. Wish I would have been into them back in the 80's and 90s...they would have been a lot cheaper.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:52 PM, JollyComics said:

First of all, I was outbid for that particular book I really wanted.  That was a month ago. I thought that book was a keeper until I saw the recent auction on eBay.

The winner paid $6785 included 18% Buyer's Premium and probably paid 2% rocket payment on the website instead of using the personal check plus 4% surcharge for using the credit card. The winner had to pay to the local packing company (not cheaper as you think).

Should be no more than $7200 after the winner paid but he didn't keep the book and wants more money!  The seller used the reserve price and didn't sell it. Now look at his new BIN!

Our Army at War #83 CGC 7.0

What a SOB!

PS, he wasted other $800 on it for using the reserve price.  He cannot make up for his loss.

I was going to bid on this as well, but at the last minute decided not too. I wonder if it sold as the seller pulled the auction down stating it was no longer available. Really nice high grade copy.