• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Hey Mick,

Got any nice SSWS Mademoiselle Marie covers to post?

Bill

No, Monsieur Paratrooper--zis comic shall not leave ze collec-shahn!

ssws84.jpg

ssws87.jpg

Wicked books, Mick! Very nice indeed! :applause:

Andy

Last one.

OurArmyAtWar23992Mass-December1971.jpg

May I ask, is that an example of a non-color-breaking crease? Or does that crease break the color? And I'm assuming that it's a printer's defect....

Still, a beautiful book, Buck!

Andy

Printers crease.

I have had 3 copies of this book pass through my hands. I think they all had printer creases. So it might be common on this issue. It doesn't break color.

These kinds of creases are really common on the DC war books between 1970 and 1975... especially early issues of Weird War. Also on some of the horror titles. I've heard it said that the non-hero DC titles got thinner cover stock than the hero books.

Nice copies! That is one of my very favorite issues. Nothing but goodness in that one to be sure!

Shep

Printers crease.

I have had 3 copies of this book pass through my hands. I think they all had printer creases. So it might be common on this issue. It doesn't break color.

These kinds of creases are really common on the DC war books between 1970 and 1975... especially early issues of Weird War. Also on some of the horror titles. I've heard it said that the non-hero DC titles got thinner cover stock than the hero books.

Nice copies! That is one of my very favorite issues. Nothing but goodness in that one to be sure!

Shep

This copy of GI Combat 66 (1st pseudo-Sgt Rock) that I just won for 99¢ seems to have some of those creases too.

47692-GIC66.JPG

I love reader copies.

Jack