• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

i wonder if all the attention War books get on the boards these days has effected the wider market? Do the boards have that kind of influence?

Yeah, I do. It only takes a handful of dedicated buyers to push prices up for everyone, and I know several fans come from here. The problem is, the market takes a dip when those people leave or complete their collections. Bronze horror comes to mind...

Well then you guys hurry up and finish your collections so that I can get some deals!

I always assumed it would take a larger number of people chasing a genre to make it escalate in value so quickly...live and learn (thumbs u

Too much! $550 for the pair. I tell you two years ago I wasn't trying as hard to get all the ones I need and now its costing four times as much. Boo Hoo.

It's really getting out of hand. Four years ago, I got a very nice GIC #97 in CGC 7.0 for... wait for it.... $50.

Sigh....

Those are beautiful books just the same.

Shep

Wanna double your money, Shep? :gossip:

Can't... love that book too much.

th_gic97.jpg

But there is no question... war books have skyrocketed in the past couple of years. I still find deals here and there, but they are getting fewer and farther between.

But Andy (October) makes a good point about Bronze Age Horror dropping off. About a year and a half ago, I sold ALL my BA horror.... unslabbed 8.5 to 9.2 copies (with a few 9.4s). Maybe about 100 books. Sold them all here on the boards, and it was a feeding frenzy. I sold everything, and got really good prices. Couldn't do that today.

So... will Silver Age war books start getting cheaper? Not until a lot of collectors get out of the game. But all it takes is for three or four collections to come up in one year, and prices flatten out a little. Probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Shep

I just found these in the wild today! They present very well but are probably VG+ maybe F-. I got these for about $20 each.

Hey Trooper, I think those are chutes comming out of that plane!

combat62front.jpg[/img]

combat64front.jpg[/img]

thanks Larry

While I don't specifically collect war, I do collect odd colored 50's DC and I love the issues with the Contest banner on the top from 1956, so here is one of the latter. Thanks to thirdgreenham for making this so affordable & Shipping it so quickly! I think it presents really well too. :grin:

2094222130_4b25cf2af3_o.jpg

I just found these in the wild today! They present very well but are probably VG+ maybe F-. I got these for about $20 each.

Hey Trooper, I think those are chutes comming out of that plane!

combat62front.jpg[/img]

combat64front.jpg[/img]

thanks Larry

Great books Larry!!! At that price, I'll take a coupla dozen.

Shep

And Shiverbones, nice pickup on the OAAW..... love that book.

While I don't specifically collect war, I do collect odd colored 50's DC and I love the issues with the Contest banner on the top from 1956, so here is one of the latter. Thanks to thirdgreenham for making this so affordable & Shipping it so quickly! I think it presents really well too. :grin:

Thanks bud, glad you like it! (thumbs u

Andy

I bought a copy of that book off Andy as well. I think he prints them in his basement. :gossip:

With the front cone of the propeller spinning so quick I'm suprised you can still make out the swastika? I love War Comics!!!

p.s. I thought the featured story in #62 was about me once I hit 40 ???? :(

Edited by Hedge

I just noticed, most of the books scanned are a little older!!! So here's a couple of my FAVS!!! SSWS of course!!!

StarspangledWar13-1.jpg

Starspangledwar18-1.jpg

starspangledwar98-1.jpg

Great books Blind Owl! Nice to see you posting some war books!!! :applause:

Andy