• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Hey Fay and Collectron... NICE BOOKS!!!!!!

Seeing as the early silver GICs are coming out, a few more from my recent night of rescanning....

Before, I used to scan through the mylars. So, I'm slowly re-scanning my books clean. It seems to make a difference. Here's a coupla-few.

th_gic54.jpg

Nice books Shep, this one being my fave by far! :applause:

Andy

Nice books all around, everyone. Kagemusha, that GIC #91 is choice. I am so in love with book.

Andy, there's a little story about that GIC #54. I had been prowling on that book for a looooong time.... and I never saw even a low grade copy. After many, many months of looking this copy appeared on ebay. There is one flaw on the copy... there is thin 1/2" razor cut on the top of the back cover. But hey, I wasn't going to let that stop me. I think I paid less than $50... and that was about two years ago. On top of it all.... if I remember correctly, there were no other bidders!!!!

I probably couldn't afford a high grade copy now, with prices going up the way they are.

Shep

Hey all you Battle Boys and Gals!

How about helping out this thread today with some nice 1961 War covers. It's at the top of the silver forum. Give the war titles a bit more exposure. But only 1961 and only one example of each. So if someones done it. Don't add another. It's not a war thread but a sampler of all DC titles for the decade of the 60's.

So far no one has posted any war covers. 1960 is done. Unfortunately no one posted any 1960 war books. My colllection is lacking in these years. Next week we'll be into 1962, '63 and so on.

You may or may not collect other DC titles but you may enjoy the thread.

Puleease!! Fazybones? Bigfiver69?

DC Decade - month by month sampler - The 1960s by steelcity

Thanks,

Seadevils

Jeff, one useful thing about scanning all the books (besides forcing you to get all your books out again!) is that it's great having a visual reference to your actual books when you're upgrading books and checking stuff out on ebay or wherever.

Shep

Jeff, one useful thing about scanning all the books (besides forcing you to get all your books out again!) is that it's great having a visual reference to your actual books when you're upgrading books and checking stuff out on ebay or wherever.

Shep

Trust me Shep, nothing "forcing" about it. I was going through a box last night gazing at some nice covers. Takes me little to make me do that. :grin:

I lucked into a handful of higher grade books at a con years ago. I'll definitely have to scan those. Just wish I had more of them. :(

All's fair in love and war comics. If I had a nickel everytime a board member outbid me at the last minute, I'd be able to buy an NM GI Combat #87.

And, occasionally, I return the favour. :devil:

I know not everyone feels the same way, but I just can't check with everyone when I'm prowling on a book.

Comments anyone?

Shep

Excellent Shep. I need to scan all of my stuff.
\

Jeffro, you just outbid me on a AAMOW 62 on ebay :mad:

Sorry Vaughn. :foryou:

I try to avoid auctions that boardies are bidding on but sometimes I can't. I did it to Shep a few months ago on an OFF, not knowing that it was him.

Excellent Shep. I need to scan all of my stuff.
\

Jeffro, you just outbid me on a AAMOW 62 on ebay :mad:

Sorry Vaughn. :foryou:

I try to avoid auctions that boardies are bidding on but sometimes I can't. I did it to Shep a few months ago on an OFF, not knowing that it was him.

Not that my cheapskate bids are likely to beat any serious bidder, but I set a snipe early and rarely look back until an auction closes. I've probably bid against boardies often without knowing it. Do people really have time and a list of IDs to check who else is bidding before they place a bid on an ebay auction?

Jack

All's fair in love and war comics.

Comments anyone?

Shep

I've only heard you say this about 5 times now, so, yeah, I've got the idea. :baiting:

All joking aside, I believe the war comics part. If someone wants the book more than me, they'll get it. If I want it more than them, I'll get it. If I'm meant to get it, I will. Simple.

Andy

Hey all you Battle Boys and Gals!

How about helping out this thread today with some nice 1961 War covers. It's at the top of the silver forum. Give the war titles a bit more exposure. But only 1961 and only one example of each. So if someones done it. Don't add another. It's not a war thread but a sampler of all DC titles for the decade of the 60's.

So far no one has posted any war covers. 1960 is done. Unfortunately no one posted any 1960 war books. My colllection is lacking in these years. Next week we'll be into 1962, '63 and so on.

You may or may not collect other DC titles but you may enjoy the thread.

Puleease!! Fazybones? Bigfiver69?

DC Decade - month by month sampler - The 1960s by steelcity

Thanks,

Seadevils

Here is my contribution to 1961

Picture436.jpg

Love that Wildman!! :cloud9:

Here is my contribution to 1961

Picture436.jpg

Love that Wildman!! :cloud9:

Very nice!

Somebody's gotta have a list of DC's uses of the "I can't see but you can't use your hands" plot. There must be a dozen appearance on war covers alone, plus westerns and other adventure books.

Jack