• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knoxville AdventureCon

60 posts in this topic

Its June 23-25 (weekend before Heroes' Con). My wife has a wedding shower she has to be at in Middle Tennessee over that weekend, so I'll probably end up at the show smile.gif.

Chuck loved it last year, bought a whole bunch of stuff if I remember right. When is it?

actually just the 24`th and 25`th ---- and i couldnt believe that Chucky came last year -- there was a Big Apple show on the same date last year and chuck said he had a better feeling about coming down south--

and I`ll be set up this year -- are you setting up Jeff ?

There`s a good amount of comics there -- sure there will be many times more the next week in Charlotte but I enjoyed it last year -- Hey Pirate - would you say about 1/3 of the show was comics last year ?

Chuck loved it last year, bought a whole bunch of stuff if I remember right. When is it?

actually just the 24`th and 25`th ---- and i couldnt believe that Chucky came last year -- there was a Big Apple show on the same date last year and chuck said he had a better feeling about coming down south--

and I`ll be set up this year -- are you setting up Jeff ?

Not setting up. Was thinking about maybe buying some stuff acting like Chuck Jr., but I think its too close to Heroes for me. I've been working my 893censored-thumb.gif off trying to get ready for that for last 3 months and still have tons to do.

Note-- Do not buy a 150 box store out and think you can sort stuff quickly. I am sick of comics right now.

BigMike...you're from Nashville, too, eh? Is it worth the trip up to K'ville?

of course Charlotte the next weekend would be your best bet comic wise-- but Knoxville is a great one day road trip to a "decently sized" show --

BigMike...you're from Nashville, too, eh? Is it worth the trip up to K'ville?

of course Charlotte the next weekend would be your best bet comic wise-- but Knoxville is a great one day road trip to a "decently sized" show --

Bigger than the Atlanta 1 day, Mike? Any of those guys set up?

[quote

Note-- Do not buy a 150 box store out and think you can sort stuff quickly. I am sick of comics right now.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif know what ya mean -- Marc Ballard just bought a guy out a couple weeks ago -- 275-ish long boxes -- sweet deal but going thru it -- Christo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

[quote

Bigger than the Atlanta 1 day, Mike? Any of those guys set up?

the show overall is 350+ tables-- promoter sez 500 but confused-smiley-013.gif -- its a big setup and i would say @ least 100+ were primarely comic tables - so yes -- bigger than Atlanta and several of the guys from Wes`s show do set up last year i believe Wes , Cap. Comics , Marc Ballard , Chris Foss and probably a couple more were set up .. BigMike sumo.gifsumo.gif

ahhhhh, sounds like no reason to take that trip...Pirate, have you ever been to the great Escape in Bowling Green?

no i haven't, i might take a look the next time im on my way to nashville

There`s a good amount of comics there -- sure there will be many times more the next week in Charlotte but I enjoyed it last year -- Hey Pirate - would you say about 1/3 of the show was comics last year ?

lol i'm trying to remember if there were any comics. Lets see there were barbies, barbies, star wars, barbie, adam west, freddy, barbies 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, the slave leia standup i bought, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

ahhhhh, sounds like no reason to take that trip...Pirate, have you ever been to the great Escape in Bowling Green?

no i haven't, i might take a look the next time im on my way to nashville

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm i was just curious how it compares to the nashville stores, been thinging about driving up and giving the local GEs a rest