• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hoping to BUY an exhibitor badge for SD Comicon-anyone have a spare?

26 posts in this topic

Not looking for a freebie here. Will gladly send instant payment via Paypal for an exhibitor badge. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

And I'll be your best friend forever. flowerred.gif

Please PM me if you can help me out.

Jeff

Actually, I beat you by 11 hours. poke2.gif If you look at the first page of the "Is it too early to talk about San Diego" thread, way back on January 13th, I asked if anyone had an extra badge to sell. You chimed in with "me too" that night.

I had one offered to me, but despite the very best intentions of the board member that offered it, it fell through. So, once again I'm appealing to the good graces of the forum. hi.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Note to self: next year buy a booth and profit off of the exhibitor badges.

Hang up posters promoting ComicSeeker.com and my wantlist.

Put couch in booth and sell relaxation time at a buck a minute. Half-price if you bought an exhibitor badge from me.

Actually, that would be an awesome idea for a booth at SD. Somehow the details would have ot be owrked out, but how cool would it be to have a Comic Lounge as a booth. Some couches, some drinks, etc.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actually, that would be an awesome idea for a booth at SD. Somehow the details would have ot be owrked out, but how cool would it be to have a Comic Lounge as a booth. Some couches, some drinks, etc.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's against the rules to sell food/serve food or drinks. It cuts into the Convention Center's Concession profits.

You could just provide a space to hang out... but there are lots of areas for that already in San Diego.

Also, as an exhibitor you get 4 free Badges per booth and are allowed to BUY 4 more (for $65 I think)

And signing up for a booth a year in advance was something like $1200. It's probably $2000 or more now if you can even get a booth. (Which seems unlikely from some reports I've been hearing.)

Also, as an exhibitor you get 4 free Badges per booth and are allowed to BUY 4 more (for $65 I think)

And signing up for a booth a year in advance was something like $1200. It's probably $2000 or more now if you can even get a booth. (Which seems unlikely from some reports I've been hearing.)

Another good idea killed by facts! 27_laughing.gif

Success! The clouds have parted, the birds are singing, and I have an exhibitors badge. cloud9.gif

Sigh...all is right with the world. thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif So will you be there at Preview Night then?

Success! The clouds have parted, the birds are singing, and I have an exhibitors badge. cloud9.gif

Sigh...all is right with the world. thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif So will you be there at Preview Night then?

Definitely. Can't wait! yay.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's against the rules to sell food/serve food or drinks. It cuts into the Convention Center's Concession profits.

You could just provide a space to hang out... but there are lots of areas for that already in San Diego.

I wasn't thinking of selling drinks, just having them there. And sure there are lots of areas in SD to hang out, but how many are on the con floor?