• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paying for OA question

9 posts in this topic

hey all,

if u had a choice between paying for your OA purchase with paypal, credit card or money order, which would u choose?

i am thinking paypal since it is just a quick "point and click" action. also, it will not cost me any money unlike a money order. i do not think any of the payment options inherently protect me from a dishonest seller from not shipping the item to me so that should not factor into the decision.

what do u think?

s

Paypalsucks.com Depends, I try and not buy anything unless I can/have the cash for it,I very rarely buy anything unless I have the cash for it,since it's art i'll probably do the "buy 1 huge piece a year" unless I win the lottery,But for me it's personal check all the way.

Credit card / Paypal and very lastly money order. I'd probably never do a money order unless it was for some small purchase or the seller had some rep.

Credit card and Paypal both offer buyer protection against fraudulent sellers. I've had to reverse charges on purchases both through paypal and my credit card company for dishonest sellers that never sent the items I paid for. Surprisingly Paypal was much easier than dealing with my credit card company in reversing the charges and getting my money back. Score one for paypal.

hey all,

if u had a choice between paying for your OA purchase with paypal, credit card or money order, which would u choose?

i am thinking paypal since it is just a quick "point and click" action. also, it will not cost me any money unlike a money order. i do not think any of the payment options inherently protect me from a dishonest seller from not shipping the item to me so that should not factor into the decision.

what do u think?

s

I'm curently trying to jam money into my PayPal account as fast as I can for my next purchase. thumbsup2.gif

Isn't a money order like a buck fifty. I use them when people don't take paypal. Paypal is fun because it doesn't require me to get off my sofa.

The difference in my mind is if I am buying from an artist )I like) direct I feel a little bad sticking them with paypal fees which are big, over spending a couple bucks and getting them the full amount in hand.

Why the aversion to money orders?

There's absolutely no recourse if anything happens as a buyer. Once the seller receives the money order, the money is theirs and the seller could send you the incorrect page, no page, etc... In fact I've passed on purchasing items where the seller only accepted money orders.

At least with paypal and credit cards you have some recourse and protection if something goes wrong.