• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you keep a want list...

24 posts in this topic

When I was 20 years younger, I could keep my want list in my head. Now I use a small spiral notebook that mostly goes with me to conventions and LSC 50% off sales. Otherwise, I don't tend to buy back issues from random comic shops unless it's something I KNOW I'm looking for. (Like Shadow of the Bat 79 and 80 right now. Last two issues to complete the run.)

I made one on Excel and use it at shows. It's always by the computer so I'm SOL if I come across a comic store. (Of course, most in SE Michigan aren't very good or have what I look for. - Bronze and Silver Age in VF or better. Plenty of Modern stuff. )

I used to carry complete lists of the Mad Magazines I needed in my wallet when I was putting that run together as a kid.

Now I have 6 sheets from a desk pad stapled together (one title per sheet) with each number from the 6 titles I am currently pursuing sitting next to my keyboard on my computer desk. I also have print outs from the CGC census, of books I want, put into a three ring binder.

I buy everything online right now, so no need to carry around a want list anymore.