• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting thread developing in silver comics

61 posts in this topic

Trust me, you won't. I have tried to win one just so I can see for myself, but no matter what it is..I get out bid, thought for sure I had that Cap 137 when I bid 150 but... frown.gif

Brian

I do remember a few posters who said they did win when I asked them whom they received the packages from during the Hammer meltdown... So they are winnable. Maybe he doesnt want YOU to win. Hey-- I just discovered the list of users here...how does it feel to be way way up there on the most frequent posters list??

Not so bad, it's nice that 9 of the top 10 are comic forum participants..that 1 that's missing participates so randomly it's impossible to call him much of anything.

I guess I'll have to keep trying on Comic-Key's auctions.

Brian

Are you boys ever going to sleep so that I can get some shuteye myself. Damn, you guys type L-O-U-D! OK, let's go over it one last time. Who needs a glass of water? Who needs to pee? Who needs the hall light left on? Who needs a "micky" slipped in their nightcap? Who needs one last hit of papanya off the "peace pipe"? OK, lights out!

Are you boys

...ahem.

ever going to sleep so that I can get some shuteye myself. Damn, you guys type L-O-U-D! OK, let's go over it one last time. Who needs a glass of water? Who needs to pee? Who needs the hall light left on? Who needs a "micky" slipped in their nightcap? Who needs one last hit of papanya off the "peace pipe"? OK, lights out!

And hence, doth hammer unmask!

Hey-- I just discovered the list of users here...how does it feel to be way way up there on the most frequent posters list??

aman619........don't listen to murph0.......he's just sour because when he threw his hissy fit and left the forum, he dropped from being the number 1 poster in here to number 3. smirk.gif

Feel free to p.m. me for details on why he left. 27_laughing.gif

I was once the high bidder of a comic-keys auction on ebay, so they are 'winnable'. I guess the only thing better than being winnable, was his willingness to refund the purchase upon detecting restoration.... I had a professional transaction with him, just don't think it is likely I will have another.

I was once the high bidder of a comic-keys auction on ebay, so they are 'winnable'. I guess the only thing better than being winnable, was his willingness to refund the purchase upon detecting restoration.... I had a professional transaction with him, just don't think it is likely I will have another.

No offense......but comic-keys has so many shill accounts trolling him on these boards......that I just don't put a lot of stock into newcomers providing information like this without proof.

Can you say what book you won, when you won it, what your eBay ID is, etc.? Any details you could provide would lend some validity to your statement.

Bugaboo-

No offense taken. I won an asm #23 in the fall of 2001 (I think it was described as NM/MT). Richard allowed me to pay with time payments, so I think it was something like 6 months after the auction by the time I received it back from cgc. He refunded my money, that's all I can say. I haven't checked in a while, but according to the census, at the time I had the highest graded restored asm 23 around (9.4) smile.gif If I recall, it only had a minor amount of color touch present, quite a shame. My current user id is 'jhupco', but I used a different id at the time. A separate account to my then place of work. Hope that helps.

Jhum---when I read your post it crossed my mind as well who you might be since you "just got here"..... but, BUG---he said he had one date withh Koos and got date-raped and would never have another! So why the third degree? But it really was refreshing to get a straight answer to a simple question. See how easy that was, shotzkela???... flamed.gif

but, BUG---he said he had one date withh Koos and got date-raped and would never have another! So why the third degree?

What third degree?? Since when is asking for some simple answers considered the third degree given all the shill accounts that have been created to pester hammer lately?? I'm not saying hammer is guilty or innocent because I obviously don't know. What I do know is that there are a lot of shill accounts in here and a newbie coming out of the woodwork with this kind of information naturally sets off some alarms. I wasn't rude in my request and tried to put it as politely as possible (for me, that is smirk.gif).

Okay maybe the second degree, okay?

and I wasnt trying to give you a hard time---in fact, I had just gone over your replies on the PSA thing and I agree completely and you were very tactful........But I read this guys post about how he got ripped off and I didnt get the feeling that it was Hammer saying that comic-keys ripped him off just to throw us off track.

Like I said it occurred to me.....just didnt ring true.

Okay maybe the second degree, okay?

and I wasnt trying to give you a hard time---in fact, I had just gone over your replies on the PSA thing and I agree completely and you were very tactful........But I read this guys post about how he got ripped off and I didnt get the feeling that it was Hammer saying that comic-keys ripped him off just to throw us off track.

Like I said it occurred to me.....just didnt ring true.

Nah.....I didn't supsect it might be Hammer himself. 893whatthe.gif

It's just that a lot of times these new accounts will pop up out of nowhere and start posting stuff about another board member. The recent "Comicimvestor" springs to mind immediately. 27_laughing.gif

If "jhumd" isn't one of them......then a hardy "Welcome to the Board" is in order. insane.gif