• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

True War Experiences 1

11 posts in this topic

Here's another book I'm not sure how to handle. At first I thought maybe the cover was faded.. now I don't think that's it. I don't know if all copies of this issue were printed this way, or I just have a bad print job on mine. The cover still has a lot of gloss.. even on that spot above the "A" in WAR. What looks like a crease on the helmet of the guy on the right is actually green ink like the grass. Most of the black looks pretty light too. confused-smiley-013.gif

There is a small tear above the "T" and there are two small tears on the top edge of the BC from the crunch above the "X". Also, a 1/4" bindery tear at the bottom of the spine.

Any thoughts and/or grade opinions appreciated!

twe1fc3sj.jpg

twe1bc1ao.jpg

I would not be hasty to think it faded. My first thought was that it was not, and checking against the GCD seems to confirm it. To be certain, it would be good to look at some other copies. A lot of comics from the 40s and 50s never looked that good when they were originally printed.

The Grading Bastiche says......7.0. The spine breaks on the back combined with the tears(though they are minor) still keep it out of the VF category. Still a very nice looking book.