• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dengarhunted's new seller sale! MORE COMICS! UPDATED LIST!

19 posts in this topic

Wolverine #1-58! SOLD!

Here are some more that I'm interested in moving, will provide scans to interested buyers...

Groo the Wanderer #1, Signed by Sergio himself! I had this signed personally back in 1983, signed on page 1 along with a small drawing of Groo in the bottom right hand corner of the page. NM condition - ASKING $15

Ghost Rider #81, Death of Ghost Rider. Book is in VF condition, with 6 very small stress marks on spine, corners are slmost perfect, inside pages are clean and crisp, and cover is in overall very very nice conditions - ASKING $5

UNCANNY X-MEN (I also have many of the other issues between 200 and 300, if you are interested let me know and I'll see if I have it and we can hopefully work out a deal).

171 - Rogue Joins the X-Men! NM condition, asking $10

201 - Baby Cable! NM condition, asking $7

210-213 - Mutant Massacre tie-in! NM condition on all 4, asking $25

221 - First Mr. Sinister - VF/NM condition, asking $5

244 - First Jubilee! - NM condition, asking $10

266 - First Gambit!!! - NM condition, asking $50

282 and 283, Bishop Cameo and First Full Bishop! - NM condition, asking $10

GOING A LITTLE MORE OLD SCHOOL....

World's Finest #189, VG condition, asking $15

Adventure Comics #459 and #464, VG condition, asking $10

Amazing Adventures Featuring The Beast #11 and #12 - Fine Condition - $50

The Amazing Spider-Man #52 - VG condition - Asking $30

Batman 404-407, Batman Year 1 - NM condition (really good looking comics) - $15

Batman 426-429, Death in the Family (Robin Dies) NM condition - $15

REMEMBER, CONTACT ME IF YOU WANT ANY SCANS!

Barry

I may be an old stick in the mud(45 years old) and I am kinda old school, but, while that website is certainly convenient, it overprices many books, IMHO. Overstreet Price Guide is the way to go, especially for raw, unslabbed books. And even then you most likely have to discount off of the guide price.

(Now the abuse may begin since I slammed comicspriceguide) wink.gif

Problem is, I'm not even sure what to ask for each one price-wise. I haven't collected in years, and have seen them sold from $30 to over $100 for some of these issues on eBay. Where can I do some solid price research? Is comicspriceguide.com accurate?

with respect, the best way to find out what prices for these sort of books is to look at "completed auctions" on ebay for a while, then take about 20% off of that as a starter. be prepared for lowball offers, too, since that's par for the course here.

offsetting the lowball offers is the fact that - if you sell to a long-time forumite - you WILL be paid, in a timely manner, and with generally little hassle. which is a great deal more reassuring than eBay for a lot of folks.

but asking this forum for realistic pricing is a bit of wishful thinking for the most part.

then again, you could always just sell them for a price you feel comfortable with. if it's 40% of FMV, and you have no idea what FMV is, then what's the diff? just don't be surprised to see them up on ebay or reoffered here at a higher price. there are flippers about, just giving fair warning

Alright, I have done quite a bit on eBay and have already checked pricing there - but there is such a wide variation in pricing. I've seen Wolverine #10, graded 9.6, sold for over $100, but have also seen raw copies go for less than $10. What a fickle market smile.gif Does grading really make that much of a difference in the price of a comic?

I am guessing...JUST A GUESS if you set a price between $60-80 they would sell in the marketplace.

Maybe you can get more, maybe none will be interested. The biggest thing you need to ask youself is "What is the lowest amount I am willing to take for the set". Once you have that in mind, bumb it up 10-20% and see if you have any takers. If none in a couple of days, lower it to your min. about you will take.

Others have pointed out and I agree 100%, make an offer listings here do not seem to work well. Set a price and do some bickering until both parties are happy.