• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The longest day of Cap'n'Mandi

26 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

So, at last, here are some news of what i consider to be our mascots (no, i'm not speaking of Greggy here).

This time, Cap and Mandi made the great jump and crossed the Atlantic Ocean.

Yes, even if they almost missed their plane, they were lucky enough to take a ride to the "old continent".

Indeed, this last month, i had the opportunity to meet Rob_react and his girlfriend in Paris, and Rob had put the two bad boys in its bag so our two travellers were able to fly for free.

Their fist step was Amsterdam. Unfortunately, i'm not able to post pictures of them having fun in this city. We can just imagine what has happened there...

cappetard.jpgkamandi.jpg

From Amsterdam, they took the train to Paris.

The first thing they wanted to do was to visit the biggest comics shop of the city.

So Rob and me took them to Album's comics shop, in the Saint Germain district.

At this place, they were extremely surprised to see that the back issues comics were jailed behind closed windows, and the ransom to free them was also amazing (yes, back issues comics are really expensive there).

album1.jpg

album3.jpg

Because Kamandi was certainly one of the first CGC slabbed book seen at this place, we decided that it was time to immortalized his presence here, Rob was volunteer.

album5.jpg

What they saw having shocked them, they decided to stop the visit of the comics shops of Paris, however Rob & me were able to took this picture in Pulp's comics shop.

pulp3.jpg

After that, it was time to visit some monuments of Paris.

Here's Opera Garnier, in the center of the city (i lived in this district during 2 years, it's beautiful, Cap'n'Mandi agreed).

opera1.jpg

And of course, they could not leave Paris without visiting the Eiffel tower before.

So they did it.

During the way, Cap'n'Mandi realized that they were already famous here.

supretour2.jpg

Eiffeltower3.JPG

Cap'n'Mandi wanted to see what was the sight just below.

Eiffeltower4.JPG

Later, everybody were tired, so we decided to have a few rest at the Palais Royal's garden.

Palais Royal garden1.JPG

The day i meet Rob and his friends was a non working day in France, so it was rather difficult to obtain the picture that Ze-Man and his wife wanted to see: A picture of Cap'n'Mandi in a typical french cheese shop or in a Café. Thanks to the "Café de Cluny" and Photoshop software, this was solved.

brasserie.jpg

Later again, everybody were very very tired, it was time to go to sleep...

robsleep2.jpg

That's all guys, now Cap'n'Mandi are back in USA (Boston), and i'm sure they would like to continue their trip around the world thumbsup2.gif

To conclude i would like to thanks Rob.

To meet an american CGC's board member was a great experience (even if my spoken english level was, in my opinion, definitively weak Christo_pull_hair.gif).

To meet an american CGC's board member was a great experience (even if my spoken english level was, in my opinion, definitively weak Christo_pull_hair.gif).

yeah, but how is Rob's French?

bah, us american CGC boardies are everywhere. can't swing a dead hamster without smacking one of them.

it's them Europeans what are the rare ones

yeah, but how is Rob's French?

Je parle très mal

David's English is much better than he makes it out to be, by the way.

I do have some BORING photos of Cap and Mandi in Amsterdam, but nothing cool. It rained most of the time so setting them up outside (I wanted to take a picture of them at the rembrandtplein) was out of the question and twice when I was going to set them up indoors (at the Mauritshuis in The Hague and at the Rembrandthuis) I HAD to check my bag. frustrated.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Mmmmmmmm...virtual beer and cheese. cloud9.gif

The pictures of Paris are fantastic,what an amazing place.The Amsterdam photos you made are probably closer to what he wanted to do.893whatthe.gif!

Well now it is official. Cap n mandi are WORLD famous. Did you get any questions, or bizarre looks as you went about taking photos of a cartoon drawing around town? And wtf, no Cafe's open on Sunday in Paris? Christo_pull_hair.gif...it sounds like my town, we are supposed to be a historic shopping destination yet the town shuts downs on Sunday..go figure.

Thnx for hosting the boys, and your very entertaining report.

Kenny

edit, Rob post what ya got. Dont have to be funny, or prize winners..it all adds to the story. smile.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Mmmmmmmm...virtual beer and cheese. :cloud9

The pictures of Paris are fantastic,what an amazing place.The Amsterdam photos you made are probably closer to what he wanted to do.893whatthe.gif!

Well now it is official. Cap n mandi are WORLD famous. Did you get any questions, or bizarre looks as you went about taking photos of a cartoon drawing around town? And wtf, no Cafe's open on Sunday in Paris? Christo_pull_hair.gif...it sounds like my town, we are supposed to be a historic shopping destination yet the town shuts downs on Sunday..go figure.

It was a Thursday and a national holiday gossip.gif Cafes were open but a lot of shops weren't. frown.gif

Their fist step was Amsterdam. Unfortunately, i'm not able to post pictures of them having fun in this city. We can just imagine what has happened there...

OOOOOOO LA LA!!!

Cap got him a piece in Amsterdam.

grin.gif

I've been promising to take my wife to Paris for a couple of years now. I'm going to have to keep it under my hat that Cap and Mandi were first.

Great Job Guys on Keeping the Adventure for Cap N' Mandi going.

Great job and worth the wait.

We got 2 for the price of 1....which all collectors can appreciate.

Thanks for the slice of France and uh, Amsterdam and whatever that might be that Cap was holding.

Thanks for the slice of France and uh, Amsterdam and whatever that might be that Cap was holding.

If we were to switch Cap for Mandi..whatever he is holding would be poking Ms. Redlight in the hiney.

cappetard.jpgkamandi.jpg

893whatthe.gif

Ze-

opera1.jpg

bumpit.gif

The chick next to you looks like she is thinking,

"Hey, wtf.. I am not holding anything, they guy nex to me is. Am I supposed to hold something? He must be very important. I will just stand here and pretend not to notice him, hey ..I think I have to poop."

Ze-

I still think a few more European hotties were in order sumo.gif

Rob? Stop holding out on us.

We know what you did, fess up and show your photos..pot bars, and red lights...its ok. flowerred.gif

Ze-

Besides, we all cant pull chicks like you do rd headbang.gif