• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics4stone is a thief on Ebay!

61 posts in this topic

I sent him $500.00 through Ebay and he claims he sent it out but he forgot to put a delivery confirmation on it as well as no insurance. His name is Jose Urzua and he lives in Modesto, California.

I paid through paypal with my checking account so my money is lost as paypal does nothing to protect me.

The book was a Batman 234 in CGC 9.4.

You can get up to $200 back from eBay.

This "insurance" amount is an old figure and may be more now.

But you have to file with them within 30 days of the auctions end or something along those lines. Very small window.

file where?

do they have a specific dept for such claims?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I sent him $500.00 through Ebay and he claims he sent it out but he forgot to put a delivery confirmation on it as well as no insurance. His name is Jose Urzua and he lives in Modesto, California.

I paid through paypal with my checking account so my money is lost as paypal does nothing to protect me.

But you have to file with them within 30 days of the auctions end or something along those lines. Very small window.

I tried this once, and they did absolutely nothing. I don't know whether they just ignored me and let the 30-day inquiry period pass, or was it because the seller got NARU'd within that time.

I tried this once, and they did absolutely nothing. I don't know whether they just ignored me and let the 30-day inquiry period pass, or was it because the seller got NARU'd within that time.

It'a a very small window.

When I got ripped (for ~$200) back in 2000 I filed with eBay and was denied. I was just 2 or 3 days late. frown.gif

LINK

eBay Standard Purchase Protection Program

eBay's Standard Purchase Protection Program reimburses buyers for eligible transactions when:

An item was not received.

An item was received but significantly not as described.

You'll be reimbursed up to a maximum of $200 (less $25 to cover processing costs).

For example:

If the item price is $500, you're eligible to receive $175.

If the item price is $100, you're eligible to receive $75.

If the item price is $26, you're eligible to receive $1.

The maximum reimbursement for any claim is $175.

Eligible transactions

The final price of the item is over $25. Multiple listings cannot be combined into one claim to become eligible, even if purchased from the same seller. Items purchased through Multiple Item Auctions (Dutch Auctions) are eligible, provided the combined value of all items purchased through a single listing is over $25.

You are a winning bidder or fixed price buyer of an item listed on the eBay site.

Both you and the seller had a feedback rating of zero or above at the close of the listing.

Your item is legal and in accordance with eBay's Listing Policies and User Agreement.

Payment was sent to the seller in good faith and proof of payment can be documented.

You have not exceeded the three claims per six-month limit.

If you paid with a credit card (either directly to the seller or through an online payment service other than PayPal) you must have already contacted your credit card issuer and sought reimbursement from the issuer prior to filing a claim.

Non-eligible transactions

Items which are not significantly different from the item description.

Items paid for with cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram.

Items where a PayPal claim has been paid. If you paid for your eBay transaction with PayPal, you'll need to go through PayPal's Buyer Complaint Process.

Items damaged or lost in shipping.

Merchandise which has been altered, repaired, discarded or resold.

Items which are picked up or delivered in person.

Intangible items.

Double or overpayment.

Shipping and handling fees.

Escrow fees.

Buyer's remorse.

eBay Standard Purchase Protection Program process

Complete the Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described Process. If you have completed this process, close the dispute and select "end communication with the seller". If the transaction is eligible, you will be presented with a link to the Standard Purchase Protection Program claim form.

Submit the online Standard Purchase Protection Program claim form. From My eBay, click the "Dispute Console" link. From the Dispute Console, click the relevant dispute. On the "View Dispute" page, click the link to the Standard Purchase Protection Program claim form. Fill out the form and click "Submit" to file your claim.

Submit proof of payment. Within 14 days of submitting your claim, an eBay claims administrator may contact you via email, asking you to provide proof of payment. Proof of payment may be provided in the form of a photocopy of the front and back of a money order, receipt, cashier’s check, personal check, etc. If you paid with a credit card (either directly or through an online payment service other than PayPal), eBay will require proof of denial of reimbursement through the credit card company (if applicable). This will typically be in the form of a letter from your credit card issuer.

Submit Letter of Authenticity (if applicable). An eBay Claims Administrator may contact you for a Letter of Authenticity or Appraisal based on an independent authenticator's physical inspection. The Appraisal or Proof of Authenticity must be on company letterhead of the authenticator and must include contact information for the authenticator (name and telephone number). This information may be mailed or faxed to eBay.

Note: The eBay Claims Administrator will communicate with you and your trading partner during investigation of the claim. We always appreciate your prompt assistance. If you do not respond to an eBay Claims Administrator's request for information within 72 hours, eBay may elect to close the claim.

===========================

I think you have to start this process (bold above) within 30 days of the auction ending. I missed mine by just 2 or 3 days. But this was six years ago so the rules might have changed.

how long ago was the transaction made?

May 7th the auction closed. I paid on May 11th.

Too late I fear.

It's past 30 days.

frown.gif

I know this doesn't help you at this point, Ron, but it might help others. Situations like this are exactly why I always pay with a credit card through Paypal. If any problem arises, I just call the CC company, and they take care of business immediately.

I just call the CC company, and they take care of business immediately

That's exactly what I do!

Whenever a transaction I make is done differently - it makes me ultra-nervous!

(I have noticed some sellers don't except this form of PayPal payment)

but for the record, everyone I have traded with here on the boards has been all roses!

thumbsup2.gif

I think it's great that people are willing to post this guys info, but incase you don't know, it's a violation of Ebay policy to post info about an Ebay member if that info was obtained via Ebay. I'm just saying you may want to take this into consideration when posting on a public forum.

..I did it once years back in the late 90's and I got paid,... E-bay was insured with Lloyds of London at the time,..not sure if they are still with them,... anywho,..if I remember correctly there was a $25.00 deductable,..and I think Aces is right with the $200.00 cap,...took about three months for the payment but it did come,...

...sorry about the loss,...I usually get poked about once a year myself on E-bay for around $250.00,... I know how frustrating it can be,... Christo_pull_hair.gif

I think it's great that people are willing to post this guys info, but incase you don't know, it's a violation of Ebay policy to post info about an Ebay member if that info was obtained via Ebay. I'm just saying you may want to take this into consideration when posting on a public forum.

...personal experience I take it?,... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

...personal experience I take it?,... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

grin.gif

I made a claim with both. I really appreciate all of the info. I am going after this P.O.S. big time. I promise he is not going to get away with it. This is my second time within a year for almost $500.00. The first time paypal refunded me a whopping 41.00. I cant wait to see what they do with this. This guy has included a postal worker as someone to verify that he shipped it. He is going to cause problems for these people he is including.

Here is a funny response.

comics4stone( 252)

Positive Feedback: 99.2%

Registered On: www.ebay.com

Item: BATMAN #234 CGC 9.4 1st modern app harvey dent/TWO FACE (6626057444)

This message was sent after the listing closed.

comics4stone is the seller.

Okay .....I have postal reciept showing i sent this to you. But i will be honest i forgot to put the delivery confirmation on it.. so i think your trying to pull one over on me.. but i do have a reciept showing and a internal confrimation from usps it was sent.. so i guess you can do what you would like to do... i was going to discuss this more with you.. but i don't appreciate being called a piece of [embarrassing lack of self control].. and am willing to prove myself in small claims court if needed..

This one he sent me on May 17th. I contacted him because I bought 2 Batman 234's CGC 9.4 on the same day May 7th. I received one of them 2 days before on the 15th so I simply contacted him just to see if he sent it.

comics4stone( 246)

Positive Feedback: 99.2%

Registered On: www.ebay.com

Item: BATMAN #234 CGC 9.4 1st modern app harvey dent/TWO FACE (6626057444)

This message was sent after the listing closed.

comics4stone is the seller.

Yes this has been sent .. You should have this book if not today by friday latest.... .. will check my tracking at ends week saturday if you haven't received yet let me know