• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics4stone is a thief on Ebay!

61 posts in this topic

I sent him $500.00 through Ebay and he claims he sent it out but he forgot to put a delivery confirmation on it as well as no insurance. His name is Jose Urzua and he lives in Modesto, California.

I paid through paypal with my checking account so my money is lost as paypal does nothing to protect me.

The book was a Batman 234 in CGC 9.4.

That sux big time.

Do what you can. Take screen dumps and printouts of everything, paypal payment details E-bay auction numbers etc.

I wish you every sucess in getting the goods or your money back.

Russ...

That sux big time.

Do what you can. Take screen dumps and printouts of everything, paypal payment details E-bay auction numbers etc.

Russ...

What are screen dumps? Is my only recourse small claims court or can I call the local Police Dept?

That sux big time.

Russ...

What are screen dumps? Is my only recourse small claims court or can I call the local Police Dept?

A screen dump is where you press the "Print scrn" button on your keyboard. It takes a snapshot of whats on your screen & lets you paste it into a word document.

Its good for capturing E-bay auction screenshots etc. The reason that I say to do this is that after 90 days (I think) the Ebay auction screen will dissapear some people even remove auction pictures even earlier. This way at least you have proof of what you payed for to be used as evidence if needed.

Regards,

Russ...

thumbsup2.gif

I filed a claim about a month ago with Paypal for 44.00. Paypal said it would take about a month but I got my money back a week later. I have never even got one email from the seller. I used my bank account also.

i have an account for paypal and i got my money back on a claim. It falls on the seller to track and insure items, if he can't prove delivery, you should get your money back

Make him provide proof of shipping. If he can't provide it my opinion is he owes you a refund.

It pizzes me off when people do this. I've had people swear they sent something only to tell me later, "oops, I found it". If they're not willing to cover themselves with documentation then they have liability. Especially on a $500 book.

for all of you that "got your money back" from PayPal -

Did you use the buyer protection plan?

If not, what good is that venue. Not to complain about you guys getting back your

hard earned dollars, but I've been confussed about this process and I know it

is better to learn now then when in crunch time.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

make sure you put the claim in, even if you think you have very little chance of it being honoured. You will not be in any worse position at the end than you are now.

good luck.

If not, what good is that venue. Not to complain about you guys getting back your

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My claim was for $60 and I did not use the buyer protection. Yes I got my money back with no problems. The seller had no proof he sent the items so paypal gave me the cash. thumbsup2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

My claim was for $60 and I did not use the buyer protection. Yes I got my money back with no problems. The seller had no proof he sent the items so paypal gave me the cash. thumbsup2.gif

Good for you. After I filed a complaint, my deadbeat seller just went and sent an empty box to me with "delivery confirmation". PayPal declined to investigate further . . . smirk.gif

I hope the seller didn't send it to the wrong address. It's happened to me on a couple of occassions, but luckily the post office returned the book to the seller in a month or so. I hope that's the case with your book. Also, check the post office, sometimes they fail to make a delivery on the first day and the book sits on their shelf for weeks upon weeks. This happened to me with my CGC submission a few years ago.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good for you. After I filed a complaint, my deadbeat seller just went and sent an empty box to me with "delivery confirmation". PayPal declined to investigate further . . . smirk.gif

How much did you win from this auction.? The reason I ask, if the box had the postage label you could see what the box weighed compared to how much it should of weighed with the item/s in it. If it doesn't come close to what it should of been there is your case. I worked 12 years at the post office and seen all the tricks and learned how to catch many of the scammers. thumbsup2.gif

893whatthe.gif Clever. In a bad way mad.gif

I sent him $500.00 through Ebay and he claims he sent it out but he forgot to put a delivery confirmation on it as well as no insurance. His name is Jose Urzua and he lives in Modesto, California.

I paid through paypal with my checking account so my money is lost as paypal does nothing to protect me.

The book was a Batman 234 in CGC 9.4.

You can get up to $200 back from eBay.

This "insurance" amount is an old figure and may be more now.

But you have to file with them within 30 days of the auctions end or something along those lines. Very small window.