• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Series KUDOS Thread... You know the deal

2,495 posts in this topic

(breaking out my ole Battleship game board to take someone on) lol

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

You're on. Battleship is round one. Round two, Jenga. Round three, Hungry-Hungry Hippos. Now to break out the intimidation face... :mad:

A 9.8 Challenge?? Was there a contest, bet or challenge that nobody told me about?? I want in!! (breaking out my ole Battleship game board to take someone on) lol

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

hA! NYComics just took my 9.8 CGC book and made it a 9.8 SS CGC book.

It was my first contracted "witness" but also i was worried about the new grading standards :gossip: and the effect on my already slabbed book.

Edited by peasofcrap

Nice job Sean.. But the real trick is to take a 9.6 and turn it into a 9.8 SS. Just ask "somewhereintexas"

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics.

I was able to get a page bump for Dollarbill!

Glenn, My pleasure. Thanks again for working with me. In my opinion I would have been nervous cracking a 9.8 Creepy if it were my own book. I am glad that it stayed the same grade because if it did not I would have said........well CGC is crazy then :) wish I could help you more.

anyways though thanks to everyone who participated, it looks like every book that was cracked held it's grade if not went up in page color. and even though I had a nice amount of success I still want to say that it is annoying as heck to crack a CGC case. Me personally I cut the sides, I dont peel it apart. But still sometimes the space to cut is so tight it makes you nervous. Anyone else ever feel that way?

:applause:A huge THANK YOU goes out to Will/unknowonworlds for getting these two done for me at FanExpo. :applause:

I was excited that the Nightmare book held its grade and even more excited to see then end result on the BSG book, as I thought it was only about a 9.2-9.4 but it was all I could find in time to get it done.

70113.jpg.24cb26ae953173700ccda410988963e2.jpg

70114.jpg.57d94f776563b1941ad549681bb38acf.jpg

Some yellow label goodness! :) Glad you are happy!

I think a black sig looks better on that book than a silver sig would have looked. Also that one has nice placement....throw in the 9.8.....Man I hope some of mine come out 9.8's!