• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature Series KUDOS Thread... You know the deal

2,495 posts in this topic

I rarely come on these threads as often as I should, but I need to give props in no particular order as follows---

FIRST--

Peter_Palmer and Joel Elad.

I first got to meet them in person at SDCC 2009 and really enjoy chatting with them ever since having the pleasure of meeting them.

Congrats to PP for rookie of the year ---and another kudos to hit hot girlfriend for being able to secure a sketch from Campbell at the Baltimore show! :thumbsup:

Both just super nice people.

Elad for good advice at Pittsburgh and another high 5 for securing my 2 X-FILES books a few months ago...thanks man. Owe you one.

Jesperson--first for letting me bump in with him in line for a quick sig at McFarlane's signing in SDCC (and I didn't realize at the time it WAS Jesperson!) --for buying first round of drinks when Joe, Bill and I went out for dinner and beer at the VA comicon, for the great deals on some great s/s books this year, and for reminding me he's everywhere, just like the force--when I'm at the post office ;)

:gossip: And for being an all around good egg!

Chainnball Kondravy!

Helped me secure some sigs with Simonson, Dave Gibbons, Jack Davis, Frazetta, BWS, and makes it more enjoyable for me to hang out at Philly Wiz World every year.

Yer my boy. "nuff said.

Danny Hernandez (Mutantkeys) took care of me with a few Denny O'Neil sigs this fall and refused any sort of compensation no matter how hard I pressed him.

I still say I'm picking up your meal or something next show we're at together.

Cosmo for just being Cos. I hope things get better for you this year buddy.

Chandler & Sharon---aside from things in general at shows, there's a really special kudos/thank you/I owe you one to these two. I first met them in person briefly at SDCC 2009, and while they don't recall, I'm sure, Chandler was one of the last guys at a Joey Q signing, and I walked up with my one book---he tossed it up to Cos for me at the last second and got my sig. I got to spend more time with the both of them in Pittsburgh, but it's the following anecdote that really puts them on my :thumbsup: list---->

At the end of the Oct. NYC Comicon, I had forgotten a bag at the s/s witness booth. I left behind a bag with a variety of stuff in my haste to leave.

About 40 min later, I got a call from Chandler, who'd found my bag at the booth as he and Sharon were leaving. To wit, he didn't know at first it was mine, he called several of the witnesses trying to find out who left the bag.

And after describing to him what was in the bag, figuring out it belonged to me, he and Sharon took my stuff to Fed-X and shipped them out to me in MD.

That was above and beyond to me, and I owe you guys one for that simple kind gesture.

Jesse (Fingerprintink) for my James Jean sigs!!! Thanks sir! FABLES covers are right now my favorite art collectible. I'm hoping to this year install my first register set with a full 9.8 run of FABLES 1-75

The Collector---what can't be said about this guy? Seriously.

Dude---if it comes to light that YOU were the guy to one day get an Obama sig, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Palin, Crumb, and for me...FAIRUZA BALK.

This was a personal best for me in collecting.

Balk was supposed to be coming to the Baltimore area Horrorfind show in Sept. and she bailed. I had 3 cps of Fangoria to get signed. Two were for buddies, one was for me. And this guy tells me that she's going to be at a TX Show and does my books for me.

And on one copy...A KISS.

Yep. I own F.B. DNA! :lol:

Book is graded, BTW bud...a 9.6 and should be back soon for me to show off.

NYCOMICS---got me some Romita Sr. sig this year, and a few killer Joe Simon sigs AND saved me a spot in line at the McFarlane signing at the Rebok store in NYC (in the rain). Much appreciated.

Glenn (slingingweb) whom I met this year too, and lives not that far from me...in general, I just enjoy talking with him and seeing him at shows.

Par2che --aka DAN THE MAN.

This guy is the guy who really got me into s/s books.

A set of Mike Zeck comics that he handled in Feb this year, at possibly the worst time for me. EVER.

I wrote a check to cover it that so happened 2 wks later I REALLY couldn't afford, and I almost called Dan to cancel it entirely.

But I held out, I really like Zeck....and when all my books came back, all but 2 were 9.8 graded. Dan handled a few more for me after that, and it just really secured how much I like the program. So it's all Dan's fault that I'm into this area of collecting more then any other.

Dan, I still have several of those orig. Zeck books you got done for me hanging proudly in my office. I think those MOKFU books are my favs.

I'm really hoping that I am not forgetting anybody that I've personally dealt with, but I can't leave out the best for last.

While Steve Borock isn't a s/s witness, he's the guy that to me, is the father of the whole CGC explosion. I love Steve, he's dedication to the hobby, for making it that much more fun, and for making me so involved in what I do today. For being an all around incredible human being, and for taking the high road in a bad situation I witnessed this year (we all kind of did)--a road that I don't think I could have taken. You are a guy we look up to.

And last... PAUL LITCH.

Litch helped get me into the s/s program, and it quite simply, changed everything for me. While I really and genuinely like and enjoy the friendship of so many people at CGC, the witnesses, friends on the board, P.Litch really helped restructure my buying/selling and collecting in what was a REALLY bad time for me. There's a lot of people that I need to give props to at CGC from Gemma and Ali to Paul and Mark to Joe and Bill....but since this is a s/s props thread and while technically Paul isn't so much a s/s witness (I hope I'm addressing that correctly)---Paul really was instrumental for my being IN the ss/ program, and for that I will always be grateful. That and our mutual love for Anna Torv.

mmmmm....Torv.......

Edited by Rich_Henn

"The Collector---what can't be said about this guy? Seriously.

Dude---if it comes to light that YOU were the guy to one day get an Obama sig, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Palin, Crumb, and for me...FAIRUZA BALK.

This was a personal best for me in collecting.

Balk was supposed to be coming to the Baltimore area Horrorfind show in Sept. and she bailed. I had 3 cps of Fangoria to get signed. Two were for buddies, one was for me. And this guy tells me that she's going to be at a TX Show and does my books for me.

And on one copy...A KISS.

Yep. I own F.B. DNA! lol

Book is graded, BTW bud...a 9.6 and should be back soon for me to show off."

Quoted from Rich Henn

Thanks Rich. I am glad you got a 9.6 on the Fangoria. That is the highest I have ever got on a Fangoria so I don't think 9.8's exist.

As for Obama Keep an eye out this coming year. "I know a Guy" so it might be possible. If it does happen it will probably be one of the most memorable events of my life.

As for Obama Keep an eye out this coming year. "I know a Guy" so it might be possible. If it does happen it will probably be one of the most memorable events of my life.

You know Tareq Salahi?

statedinner2final_monster_397x224.jpg

Chandler & Sharon---aside from things in general at shows, there's a really special kudos/thank you/I owe you one to these two. I first met them in person briefly at SDCC 2009, and while they don't recall, I'm sure, Chandler was one of the last guys at a Joey Q signing, and I walked up with my one book---he tossed it up to Cos for me at the last second and got my sig. I got to spend more time with the both of them in Pittsburgh, but it's the following anecdote that really puts them on my :thumbsup: list---->

At the end of the Oct. NYC Comicon, I had forgotten a bag at the s/s witness booth. I left behind a bag with a variety of stuff in my haste to leave.

About 40 min later, I got a call from Chandler, who'd found my bag at the booth as he and Sharon were leaving. To wit, he didn't know at first it was mine, he called several of the witnesses trying to find out who left the bag.

And after describing to him what was in the bag, figuring out it belonged to me, he and Sharon took my stuff to Fed-X and shipped them out to me in MD.

That was above and beyond to me, and I owe you guys one for that simple kind gesture.

Wow I completely forgot about that. I will send you a bill for the shipping charges.

:jokealert:

Your more than welcome Rich. It was great getting to know you this year and both Sharon and I look forward to spending more tiem with you in 2010.

Chandler & Sharon Rice

Desert Wind Comics

that says a lot about your life :baiting::kidaround:

Well My friend is very influental and If I do get to meet obama it will be to have dinner with him and my friend along with a few other important people. So I would say that would be a pretty amazing night. It isn't that I don't have an eventful life it is just that is a pretty big deal.

Thanks to Peter Dixon for the ASM 600 sig by Stan Lee. (Show cased in the "This week in your collection thread"

Now auditioning witnesses to turn it into a multi sig mega book

You know Tareq Salahi?

Is that him in the middle?

You know Tareq Salahi?

Good luck Kris, getting Obama would be amazing.

But that be said, I think President Obama has a lot better things to do right now, Health Plan, Iraq, The War, Home Land Security....etc. Is it just me, or him signing comics would not look that good.

Though, that would not stop me from getting his signature. My drummer in my band works for the government and has had a few chance in meeting him.

I did not know Boozad was a witness.. Interesting, interesting... hm

Who said he was a witness (shrug)

Oh, he's a witness alright, but like the rest of us. A witness to his bank account getting lower as we buy signed books. But it sure is fun!