• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: ASM #39

55 posts in this topic

NO, but according to OVERSTREET they allow only 1/4 pieces missing OFF OF THE CORNERS, NOT EDGES OR A DIME SIZED HOLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FRONT COVER foreheadslap.gif

Ok, once again, you CANNOT go by the "rules" given in the price guide. They don't even make sense. To get a real grasp of their standards, you need to buy the grading guide. A missing piece from the cover is just a defect. It isn't an automatic 1.0 any more than a tear makes a book an automatic 6.0. Grading is WAY too complex to base on a few paragraphs at the beginning of a price guide.

Fine, I have a few comics with holes on the front cover that I would be willing to sell you at 50% of the VG price.....let me know thumbsup2.gif

What are you not understanding about my posts? I said that a piece missing does not mean the book is an automatic 1.0. That doesn't mean every book you have with a hole in it is a VG.

Any comic missing a dime sized chunk in the front cover of the comic NOWHERE NEAR the corners I graded as a Fair copy, NO MATTER how nice it looks otherwise. Like I said before, maybe I undergrade. It would be interesting to know what other members of this forum think about this thread.

So a comic with a dime-sized piece off of the corners wouldn't be an automatic fair, but a comic with a dime-sized chunch out of the edge WOULD be? That doesn't make intuitive sense. Here is a page from the grading guide. The top edge chip is larger in area than a dime, yet it got a 2.0.

osgg.jpg

Okay, I am prepared to be flamed for this statement. Okay, VG and below copies of SA books(non-key) are not worth big money. $20 for this book sounds fine. I know you are a teenager Silver and someday you might have enough money for a really great copy of this book. Buy the $20 book, if possible(and is not a lot of hassle). You won't be disappointed because you will probably be able to resale when you upgrade.

Ok October, nothing personal, we just have differences of opinion when it comes to grading, nice copy of the ASM 39, I'm off to watch the NY Mets game..... hi.gif

No problem. I am off too. You should get a copy of the grading guide though. It clears up a lot of the things that don't make much sense as presented in the price guide. In fact, they should either eliminate or expand that section. As presented it pretty much sucks.

Okay, I am prepared to be flamed for this statement. Okay, VG and below copies of SA books(non-key) are not worth big money. $20 for this book sounds fine. I know you are a teenager Silver and someday you might have enough money for a really great copy of this book. Buy the $20 book, if possible(and is not a lot of hassle). You won't be disappointed because you will probably be able to resale when you upgrade.

Why would you get flamed? That's good advice. thumbsup2.gif

This is what I was thinking, the LCS priced the ASM 300 of mine for $20! So I am sure they underpriced this issue, because they stated on a peice of paper that the book value is $38.

If they underpriced my ASM #300 (bought for #20, and it's atleast 8.5)

Then I am sure they did the same with this.

I wouldn't buy it for $20. Lord knows I buy books in ratty conditions, but considering the location of the piece out on this particular copy and the fact that it can't be too hard to find another beat copy of ASM 49, I would wait to find another copy with less noticeable / obstrusive defects.

It would be interesting to know what other members of this forum think about this thread.

I'm shaking with laughter at it, that's what. I'm disappointed you guys only went on for 5 pages! 27_laughing.gif

ASM #39 is a great story. I would keep watching ebay...other bargain copies like the one October pointed out are bound to turn up now and then in your price range. I'm sure there's one out there with your name on it. thumbsup2.gif

ASM #39 is a great story. I would keep watching ebay...other bargain copies like the one October pointed out are bound to turn up now and then in your price range. I'm sure there's one out there with your name on it. thumbsup2.gif

If his name is on the cover that would reduce the grading insane.gif

So would Time & Date Stamps and Signatures. insane.gifinsane.gif

If his name is on the cover that would reduce the grading insane.gif

So would Time & Date Stamps and Signatures. insane.gifinsane.gif

Here you go. Add $5.50 for shipping, but this is a nice copy that should go in the $20-30 range. Tell your mom she'll save on gas. BTW, this is becoming a very hot book - dealers are scarfing them up in anticipation of the next movie. Why? Who knows.