• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC gallery

60 posts in this topic

I mean, you see the books and you just shake your head about why they sent them in...

Honestly, I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but maybe the sender trimmed the book for a higher grade, and thought Borock and crew wouldn't notice the work because it was a modern.

Because the the overall purple color of the label matches the purple webs and purple Kingpin while complementing the deep blue background

You're right, the label does seem give it better "eye appeal" tongue.gif

Yeah, that strange Tales #101 is especially nice because you almost never see a 9.0+, let alone a 9.6. These books give a whole new meaning to the term "high grade". Anyone that can't see a difference between these books, and 9.2's are nuts. grin.gif

I wonder what the ASM #2 would go for anyway?

I've watched the CGC market for 3 years, and I've never even seen a 9.4 ASM #2 trade anywhere. So I was shocked to see this 9.6/White copy.

Holy Crud, you think Brulato owns that baby? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The guy who owned this book and the #10 9.8 is a forum member. It is not my place to talk about the prices but maybe if he reads this thread he might give us the details.

Yeah, with that all-black cover, that book defies logic.

Ah, so you're the owner of that Hulk 122!

I didn't notice it in the gallery, but it came up in a discussion with someone, and I never found out who the owner was. Very nice.

I don't think I'd buy anything in ASM in 9.8's like that 10 or anything, I mean if I got a book CGC'd and it came back 9.8 that low..I'd probably have to sell it. I'm one of those people who likes things fluid..so I don't want it to go NM-, NM, NM, NM-, NM/MT. That may just be me?

Brian

Nah, I get what you're saying.

If I sent in an early ASM that came back in 9.8, I would contact the bigger entities in the business and find a buyer privately. The reason is mostly $$$. I would buy and keep slabbed 9.4's of early ASM's, maybe even a 9.6 here or there, but 9.8? The amount of money a 9.8 can bring in could pay for 3 or 4 other early 9.4's, so I couldn't justify holding it.