• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signatures on a pedigree book or a book from a famous collection

20 posts in this topic

It was my Rosa book that I want to get done. I just looked though and I think everyone is dead. frown.gif

What about true pedigrees?

Personally, I am not up for it. Pedigrees are important in their own right and to me it would be taking away from the condition that they were found in. It is not like there aren't plenty of other copies to get signed. It is like pressing pedigree books....why do it.

I would get a church book done if I could afford to.. I would get one done by Creig Flessel, I would also get one done by sheldon moldoff even matin nodell or nick cardy. I think it doesn't matter. Why should we give ourselves boundaries. Why is getting certtain books SS'd wrong why is pressing wrong. Why is restoration wrong as long as it is disclosed. And I mean restoration not trimming or some hack with a marker.

Your best luck would be with a Church Moldoff. Almost anything that Flessel did is way too expensive and thus a bad idea to SS. Now, if I had the Crowley copy of Captain Marvel Adventures 4, I would be sorely tempted to get a George Tuska sig on it for SS.

I would get a church book done if I could afford to.. I would get one done by Creig Flessel, I would also get one done by sheldon moldoff even matin nodell or nick cardy. I think it doesn't matter. Why should we give ourselves boundaries. Why is getting certtain books SS'd wrong why is pressing wrong. Why is restoration wrong as long as it is disclosed. And I mean restoration not trimming or some hack with a marker.

I can't necessarily explain it but it just doesn't seem right that something that has been kept that long and ended up in that condition should be effected in any way by somebody else.

It is an emotional thing.

As for raising the other topic I apologise for that as it certainly is not for this forum. I will agree that disclosure is the key.

I already have several books for moldoff to sign for SS I have been stocking up for san deigo I have more than he will sign I am sure. On Flessel I figure I get one shot at this so It needs to be done right.

but why would using a church book be doing it right?

what is wrong with using any copy of a flessel book?

First I want something high grade. Plus I want a book flessel actually did. Plus it has to be completely unrestored to get the yellow label. So I figure a nice church book or maybe a larson would be my best shot. they are going to be expensive. I would rather do a reprint but DC refuses to reprint anything with flessel work. They wont reprint any single issues of adventure comics or detective. I could have him sign one of the boys life magazines he did the covers to but I would have to get approval from CGC is ADVANCE. I actually want one of the playboys that he drew cartoons for signed but CGC can't grade them ( yet )

What about a book from the Okajima Pedigree. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If it gets the Okajima Pedigree designation CGC are saying that it did come from the ladies collection.

If CGC agree that it is from her collection why does it not get Yellow labelled as it contains her name on the book.

The argument that it was not signed in front of a CGC rep may be used but if the book is validated by CGC as belonging to the pedigree & it contains a name, Why Not Sig Series it??? confused-smiley-013.gif

That is an interesting argument . But the argument that would foul your argument is the larson copies are signed lamont or larson and it is actually believed that the store cleck wrote on the books to hold them this might also be true of the Okajima Pedigree therefore they could not be signature series.

That is an interesting argument . But the argument that would foul your argument is the larson copies are signed lamont or larson and it is actually believed that the store cleck wrote on the books to hold them this might also be true of the Okajima Pedigree therefore they could not be signature series.

I confirmed with Jon Berk who has talked to Larson, and he has confirmed that one of two store clerks wrote his name on the books. However, last year Larson signed a few of his books and they were given SS.

I confirmed with Jon Berk who has talked to Larson, and he has confirmed that one of two store clerks wrote his name on the books. However, last year Larson signed a few of his books and they were given SS.

Thanks for that Mephisto. thumbsup2.gif

Ohhh. One other thing. When did CGC begin slabbing comics?

The reason that I ask is that there are several Stan Lee Sig Series comics coming up in the next Heritage 3 monthly auction.

These books are dated as being signed at around 2002 from memory. I didn't think CGC was around then.

Most likely I am wrong but if anyone knows the answer it would be great.

Thanks for that Mephisto. thumbsup2.gif

Ohhh. One other thing. When did CGC begin slabbing comics?

The reason that I ask is that there are several Stan Lee Sig Series comics coming up in the next Heritage 3 monthly auction.

These books are dated as being signed at around 2002 from memory. I didn't think CGC was around then.

Most likely I am wrong but if anyone knows the answer it would be great.

They were doing SS books starting at the beginning of 2002. Regular slabbing well before that.