• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gemco13....just another scummy eBay dealer.

57 posts in this topic

I ordered five books from Gemco13. One didn't exist, two were SEVERELY overgraded (9.0s were actually 4.0s) and two were fine. So I ask for a refund on two and send them back. In the meantime, his eBay account was NARUed. He gets the books back, and sends me a refund for all three, then tells me I tried to steal the last book from him by not sending it back with the others. I reminded him that I only wanted to send two back, which he agreed to, so I resent payment. Two days later he files a non paying bidder report on four items. Absolute insufficiently_thoughtful_person. My patience at an end, I left five well deserved negs. I don't enjoy being called a thief not once, but twice. I woke up today to find five retaliatory negs in my profile and a request from him for mutual feedback withdrawl. I told him to stick his proposal where the sun don't shine.

Absolute scumbag.

You had me at "9.0s were actually 4.0s".... flowerred.gif

Thanks for the warning. thumbsup2.gif

S h iiiiiiiiiiiii ttte on a stick!

I was JUST about to purchase several books from this guy.

Glad I saw your post.

Sorry October!

(and yet, thanks for the heads up!)

I had just put one of his books in my watch list with an interest to buy too. Thanks for the heads up October!

I ordered five books from Gemco13. One didn't exist, two were SEVERELY overgraded (9.0s were actually 4.0s) and two were fine. So I ask for a refund on two and send them back. In the meantime, his eBay account was NARUed. He gets the books back, and sends me a refund for all three, then tells me I tried to steal the last book from him by not sending it back with the others. I reminded him that I only wanted to send two back, which he agreed to, so I resent payment. Two days later he files a non paying bidder report on all four items. Absolute insufficiently_thoughtful_person. My patience at an end, I left five well deserved negs. I don't enjoy being called a thief not once, but twice. I woke up today to find five retaliatory negs in my profile and a request from him for mutual feedback withdrawl. I told him to stick his proposal where the sun don't shine.

Absolute scumbag.

If possible, ebay has become even more laden with deadbeats and reprobates in the last year or so. I'm having good luck buying off of it, but selling is another matter entirely.

Good for you for taking a stand. Funny how on the 1st page of his feedback, under the feedback that was mutually withdrawn with another unhappy buyer (fuddhawk), it says "scam artist". Looks like that buyer still managed to get in a parting shot. grin.gif

That was me!! My handle on ebay is Fuddhawk. I got an e-mail from e-bay saying he was suspended and I was not obligated to pay for the auctions, so I neged him. I did not want to, but I dislike dishonest sellers. He e-mailed me saying someone(an ex-employee) had hacked his auctions, so I removed the negs thinking he was telling me the truth.

We eventually agreed to withdraw the feedback and now I wish I hadn't!!!

Why do you think Comic Keys only has a few negs? Because people get a refund and call it a day.

It's also because he strings out the refund process over the 90 day limit so they couldn't leave a neg even if they wanted to. Every person that I've talked to that got a refund from him (and there have been many) didn't get their money inside of 90 days from auctions end. He works the system better then anyone I know.

I thought eBay fixed that and had varying ending dates for when feedback could be left?

Suffice it to say that he draws out the process long enough so that negs can't be left.

Whatever, I am done with this argument. Don't worry, I won't bother to post any future bad experiences with eBayers since it pissses people off so much when negatives are left. I guess the only thing that deserves a negative is when someone out and out steals from you.

...and people wonder why eBay is like the wild west. When you set the bar that low you are asking for dopes like this seller to get away with everything that isn't theft.

For the record, I would have left negs and I appreciate you warning us about this dipe.

I want to go on record as saying that OCTOBER has saved me a LOT of headache and hassle with his report on this guy.

Because seriously...irony of ironies, I had submited 10 (TEN!!!) "best offers" on his BIN stuff.

And I won (well, that might be a bad choice of words) one of his books with a 50% savings...and he told me he'd make me a group deal on the others.

I haven't heard back, and while I probably will commit to my purchase of the ONE book...I certainly am not going to move forward on the others, thus saving myself probably $200 and a lot of grief.

Thanks again, man.

You did the right thing.

I call on ALL forumites to do the same...you feel if you're getting scammed, it doesn't hurt to try to look out for your fellow forumites.

Hey,Rich.

I just recieved my last order from Gemco. Six Bronze Avengers that I'd best offered on. My books were fine. Great price. Do as you want,but name me a dealer that hasn't screwed up a transaction.

I ordered five books from Gemco13. One didn't exist, two were SEVERELY overgraded (9.0s were actually 4.0s) and two were fine. So I ask for a refund on two and send them back. In the meantime, his eBay account was NARUed. He gets the books back, and sends me a refund for all three, then tells me I tried to steal the last book from him by not sending it back with the others. I reminded him that I only wanted to send two back, which he agreed to, so I resent payment. Two days later he files a non paying bidder report on all four items. Absolute insufficiently_thoughtful_person. My patience at an end, I left five well deserved negs. I don't enjoy being called a thief not once, but twice. I woke up today to find five retaliatory negs in my profile and a request from him for mutual feedback withdrawl. I told him to stick his proposal where the sun don't shine.

Absolute scumbag.

If possible, ebay has become even more laden with deadbeats and reprobates in the last year or so. I'm having good luck buying off of it, but selling is another matter entirely.

Good for you for taking a stand. Funny how on the 1st page of his feedback, under the feedback that was mutually withdrawn with another unhappy buyer (fuddhawk), it says "scam artist". Looks like that buyer still managed to get in a parting shot. grin.gif

For some strange reason, I failed to put 2 & 2 together two weeks ago and actually ordered several books from this guy right before I ran into October's post (or soon thereafter, I can't recall). I submitted bids on five books, all of which were accepted. I paid for the whole group on the 14th of June via Paypal.

Here I am on the 28th, with no books and no response to my email asking if the books have been shipped.

Shad, I know you've stood up for this guy, which is one of the reasons I didn't feel so bad after realizing I had already submitted bids to a seller that was being lambasted in this thread. But you're recommendation nonewithstanding, this seller is not exactly "WOWing" me with his level of service.

I'll keep you guys apprised of what happens.

Absolute scumbag.

For some strange reason, I failed to put 2 & 2 together two weeks ago and actually ordered several books from this guy right before I ran into October's post (or soon thereafter, I can't recall). I submitted bids on five books, all of which were accepted. I paid for the whole group on the 14th of June via Paypal.

Here I am on the 28th, with no books and no response to my email asking if the books have been shipped.

Shad, I know you've stood up for this guy, which is one of the reasons I didn't feel so bad after realizing I had already submitted bids to a seller that was being lambasted in this thread. But you're recommendation nonewithstanding, this seller is not exactly "WOWing" me with his level of service.

I'll keep you guys apprised of what happens.

Finally got my books today. Out of five advertised "VF/NMs", I received 2 8.5s, 2 8.0s, and one 7.5. Considering the bids I offered were about half of what he was asking, I guess its a wash.

Considering the soft grading and the two week wait time, I can't say I recommend this fellow very highly.

I guess the facts that he's had over 200 good transactions is meaningless. He sold you a book he couldn't find,overgraded two and messed up his paperwork.Total scumbag.

How do you know he's had over 200 good transactions? He could have had 100 good transactions, and 100 lousy transactions with people who were too scared of a retaliatory negative to leave one for him.

Thanks for letting us know about this guy, October.

I guess the facts that he's had over 200 good transactions is meaningless. He sold you a book he couldn't find,overgraded two and messed up his paperwork.Total scumbag.

How do you know he's had over 200 good transactions? He could have had 100 good transactions, and 100 lousy transactions with people who were too scared of a retaliatory negative to leave one for him.

Thanks for letting us know about this guy, October.

The guy has emailed me several times trying to get the feedback removed. Obviously I refused.

The guy has emailed me several times trying to get the feedback removed. Obviously I refused.

The guy deserved the negatives. Maybe they'll convince him to clean up his act and get organized before he gets more and it starts affecting his sales. Kudos to you for standing your ground. hail.gif

The guy deserved the negatives. Maybe they'll convince him to clean up his act and get organized before he gets more and it starts affecting his sales. Kudos to you for standing your ground. hail.gif

Thanks man.