• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey to Reveal His Identity!

185 posts in this topic

What's funny to me is Marvel JUST did this with Daredevil.

If this story is half as successful as the DD story was then they're onto something. I somehow doubt it will be...

I don't read comic books anymore, but are you saying DD went public and the world knows Matt Murdock is DD?

He was outed in the papers and fought it, but yes.

For my money, it's one of the great superhero runs of all time.

I don't read comic books anymore, but are you saying DD went public and the world knows Matt Murdock is DD?

Not voluntarily. He was outed, again, by the Kingpin in a deal with the feds....who managed to use the info and still keep Kingpin in jail. Which is where Matt is now, jail!!!

Matt still denies his secret identity to the general public, but he has admitted to it to many folks in Hell's Kitchen.

WTF? DD/Matt Murdock is in jail now? 27_laughing.gif

How long has he been in the pokey? and can I buy the graphic novel where this storyline occurs or is it too new?

If you're interested, you do have the option of beginning at the at the beginning with the first Bendis Maleev arc, Underboss and working your way to the present.

Failing that, the first Brubaker/Lark arc with DD in prison, is just about to finish up (next week?) so it will be collected soon.

I'm interested in picking up this run you guys are talking about. Can you give me the specific issue numbers I should be buying to ensure I don't miss out on the background leading to this Bendis run you're talking about?

I'm interested in picking up this run you guys are talking about. Can you give me the specific issue numbers I should be buying to ensure I don't miss out on the background leading to this Bendis run you're talking about?

26 to 81.

...and why is this in Comics General anyway?

Probably because it was spoiled in today's New York Post. Any bets Marvel gave them a heads up for the publicity? yeahok.gif

Of course, now that Peter is outed, it gives Marvel free-reign to kill off MJ, which is just what Joey Q has harped about over the last few months.

Sad sad sad. frown.giffrustrated.gif

So why in the world would he keep that peripheral-vision-restricting mask now that he's gone public? screwy.gif

And you know Marvel's gotta keep the mask on him, if only for licensing purposes...

undoubtedly the last issue of CW will have the House of M logo on it and we'll discover that when they all 'woke up' at the end of HoM and thought they'd returned to 616 they didn't really wake up and Scarlett Witch was still messing with things...and so none of it, including Spider Man revealed, will have happened.

in fact i'm sure they're going to milk that idea for years to come. every time they do something and have an omg moment...they'll just HoM it.

Gee, I wonder if someone will mind-wipe the world after Civil War.. I wonder. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Scarlet Witch will do it tonofbricks.gif

Or Zatanna.

I'll also recommend Daredevil. It's modern. It's great. It's worth reading. If 90% of everything is c r a p, this is easily in the other 10%.