• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey to Reveal His Identity!

185 posts in this topic

I still don't see how this storyline is any different from the one used for the X-men. Back then it was called the Mutant Registration Act, now in Civil War it's called the Superhero Registration Act.

It just seems all too familiar.

But...but.. it will crack the Internet in half!!! insane.gif27_laughing.gifmakepoint.gif

27_laughing.gif

I honestly, don't even remember what it was that cracked the internet in half the first time. It's sad when the quote from Joe Q. is more memorable than the storyline.

What's funny to me is Marvel JUST did this with Daredevil.

If this story is half as successful as the DD story was then they're onto something. I somehow doubt it will be...

I don't read comic books anymore, but are you saying DD went public and the world knows Matt Murdock is DD?

What's funny to me is Marvel JUST did this with Daredevil.

If this story is half as successful as the DD story was then they're onto something. I somehow doubt it will be...

I don't read comic books anymore, but are you saying DD went public and the world knows Matt Murdock is DD?

thumbsup2.gif

After the Osborne/Stacy twins, the cheesy "new" suit, Peter raising from the dead and now this

drama-queen debacle I don't know what to think of this series anymore...

Seriously peter might as well grow the extra four arms from ASM 101

and take these for a swing for a couple of months - it can't get much worse...

tonofbricks.gif

Not voluntarily. He was outed, again, by the Kingpin in a deal with the feds....who managed to use the info and still keep Kingpin in jail. Which is where Matt is now, jail!!!

Matt still denies his secret identity to the general public, but he has admitted to it to many folks in Hell's Kitchen.

Marvel needs to get it together with a sense of direction. It's like they pick the wrong choice everytime just for the controversy. I'm sick of it and I'm showing it by not buying their product anymore. I'm a solid DC and Dark Horse fan until they get their [embarrassing lack of self control] together. frustrated.gif

Spider-Man unmasks before all in the Modern Civil War story line...

I wonder what is point after this?...

Another line crossed in modern ASM marvels...

UGH!

tongue.gif

It's 893censored-thumb.gif like this that makes me long for the old days. The old days for me being the early to mid 80's.

Makes me very glad I'm not buying new comics.

Marvel needs to get it together with a sense of direction. It's like they pick the wrong choice everytime just for the controversy. I'm sick of it and I'm showing it by not buying their product anymore. I'm a solid DC and Dark Horse fan until they get their [embarrassing lack of self control] together. frustrated.gif

1 down, 299,999 more to go. sign-rantpost.gif

Not voluntarily. He was outed, again, by the Kingpin in a deal with the feds....who managed to use the info and still keep Kingpin in jail. Which is where Matt is now, jail!!!

Matt still denies his secret identity to the general public, but he has admitted to it to many folks in Hell's Kitchen.

WTF? DD/Matt Murdock is in jail now? 27_laughing.gif

How long has he been in the pokey? and can I buy the graphic novel where this storyline occurs or is it too new?

How long has he been in the pokey? and can I buy the graphic novel where this storyline occurs or is it too new?

He's been in for a few issues now. Bendis wrote the book for about 60 issues, and, imho, the run is right up there with any of the great runs on past Marvel books going back as far as you care to go back. Its stellar. Brubaker is keeping the ball rolling with the InJail storyline.

Yes, too new for TPB.

It is one of the few quality stories coming out from Marvel.

The Spidey announcement makes me want to pull a JC and say

"man, I'm glad I don't buy moderns anymore".....

but dangit I do buy moderns...just haven't bought a Spidey solo book since the crappy norman/qwen issue.