• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

3 blue beetles fit my criteria.  would love to upgrade the 1 at some point--missed on jon's copy, dangit.

bluebeetle1.jpg

bb2.jpg

bb3..jpg

Well those are handsome. That BB 2 faux Hitler cover o'yours is mighty fine.

23 minutes ago, szav said:

Pretty shocking price on this Phantom Lady 17 Cgc 3.0 at $8,050... especially since another 3.0 went on HA about 10 days ago for $4,320... did I miss a move or TV announcement?...

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DPhantom%2Blady%2B17%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1300576&id=1300576&itemType=0

Based on the front cover it looked undergraded. But with no backcover image it’s a bit of a leap of faith unless the bidders were able to request a scan.

11 minutes ago, szav said:

Hmm not sure I agree, a fair amount of soiling and staining, shadow along the bottom, looks like someone spilled coffee on her waist.  Not exactly a bright or glossy cover either.  That all said, I'm happy to see this book go to the moon and will be curious to see how the next auction goes.

Possibly. I didn’t look at it too closely. Unfortunately the sale won’t be recorded in GPA.

2 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Possibly. I didn’t look at it too closely. Unfortunately the sale won’t be recorded in GPA.

I haven't nailed down a pattern of which sales are recorded.  I know eBay sales are all recorded, and online stores are not, but with auctions it seems some are and some are not?

On 3/2/2019 at 4:05 PM, eschnit said:

My first Fox :)IMG_4263.thumb.jpg.f4d636ffbec0f40ba29131ceb5052aff.jpg

Wow, definitely a good one to start with and it looks like you managed to picked it up at a pretty reasonable price to boot.  (thumbsu

I remember picking my copy up back in the day when it was still deemed to be a Lou Fine cover.  All I can say is that this must be one of the best covers that George Tuska has ever done.  If I remember correctly, this particular issue for awhile there had a higher valuation in the Overstreet as compared to its surrounding issues.  Definitely not the case anymore.

I actually love the use and combination of colors on this particular cover.  Reminds me a bit of Seven Seas 6 and Funny Pages 40 which is the absolute creme de la creme when it comes to use of a range of varying colors on a cover.  :cloud9:

Congrats again on an absolutely gorgeous pickup here.  :applause:

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Wow, definitely a good one to start with and it looks like you managed to picked it up at a pretty reasonable price to boot.  (thumbsu

I remember picking my copy up back in the day when it was still deemed to be a Lou Fine cover.  All I can say is that this must be one of the best covers that George Tuska has ever done.  If I remember correctly, this particular issue for awhile there had a higher valuation in the Overstreet as compared to its surrounding issues.  Definitely not the case anymore.

I actually love the use and combination of colors on this particular cover.  Reminds me a bit of Seven Seas 6 and Funny Pages 40 which is the absolute creme de la creme when it comes to use of a range of varying colors on a cover.  :cloud9:

Congrats again on an absolutely gorgeous pickup here.  :applause:

Thank you sensei :whee:

24 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

Thanks to the cross grade service I can finally post this one now.

WW7a.jpg

:golfclap:Super book Kris!

Maybe I missed it, but I'm surprised this issue doesn't have it's own 'Club Thread'