• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,236 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2024 at 10:43 AM, Point Five said:

Thanks for the tag. Wow, that's wild! 

Well, if anyone can deliver this kind of robust result, Heritage can. I can imagine the same book selling for *much* less if on a different site without one of those two bidders having eyes on it. So hopefully there's still a copy for you out there.  :wishluck: 

Here's my copy -- front cover loose & 'married' (or maybe just kinda hooking up) to a full interior & no back cover, but yeah, you take what you can get on this one and it presents well. A keeper for sure. 

fantastic22.jpg.493c31d53dbdf8ecd118f4d8f5dd7997.jpg

Hindsight is 20/20, lol

Beautiful copy my friend! And you're right, I could get lucky at another auction house :wishluck:

On 8/19/2024 at 4:29 AM, walclark said:

That copy does present very nicely. I guess at least two people really wanted it.

As you requested, here's my copy:

fantastic22.thumb.jpg.514ab588e851768276209daa8b8eed2f.jpg

Oh, @walclark, you're killing me.

First your 6.5 Speed #26, now this ... :ohnoez:

Now tell me you have a More Fun #54 in 6.0+ for the trifecta

On 8/19/2024 at 7:43 AM, Point Five said:

Well, if anyone can deliver this kind of robust result, Heritage can. I can imagine the same book selling for *much* less if on a different site without one of those two bidders having eyes on it. So hopefully there's still a copy for you out there.  :wishluck: 

I'll be trolling for this on ComicLink - everyone else stay away! :roflmao:

On 8/18/2024 at 9:04 PM, sagii said:

This book, this book :wavingwhiteflag:alas the ship has sailed!

Funny thing is I had an opportunity to buy a 5.0 copy from a CC auction back in 2017 (it ended up hammering at $3700) but passed because the Jon Berk auction was their event after so I saved all my coins for that. 

A few years later @Point Fivetold me about a .5 (back cover missing)copy that was coming up on Clink. I foolishly passed because I didn't want .5 copies in my collection at that time (boy have my standards changed now for tough or otherwise pricey gold).

In 2022 HA sold a 5.0 for a staggering $19,200. I knew then that it was likely over for me owning a copy of that book.

And then this copy, which sold tonight on HA popped up. At a lowly 1.0 I thought if do ppp math, even from 2022 a 1.0 can't be over 5k, could it?

:whatthe: as you can see  by the results below, 2022's 5.0 is 2024's 1.0. WOW!

The 'banger'  books id have to move/sell/trade from my collection to be In the game for this one now, I just couldn't do it. 

Thanks @Ricksneatstuff for entertaining my emails, lol. Ah, FC 22, it was nice dreaming about owning a copy of you while it lasted. Respectfully (to me) it is the ultimate Holocaust cover.

@walclarkif you read this, can you please grace this thread with your copy:cloud9: asking for friend 

Screenshot_20240818_234515_Chrome.jpg

Definitely a shocker of a price considering that this is a price point of almost 50X its condition guide value, especially if you take into the fact that it's missing an entire half page.  :whatthe:

Which then makes me wonder why it's not encased in a GLOD slab and listed as Incomplete because books with even a single missing coupon (i.e. much smaller than an entire half page missing) are slabbed as a GLOD Incomplete book?  hm  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

On 8/24/2024 at 1:26 PM, Professor K said:

I try to avoid being a Negative Nancy here but I'll make an exception for this extreme example. 18k for a 1.0 which like Mr.D pointed out is incomplete by cgc standards. Ridiculous price. And considering a nice looking 5.0 sold for about the same a year and a half prior it makes it even more ridiculous (to me). I guess the 9.4 should sell for half a million easy. The artwork is not good. Wonderworld 32 and Weird 20 are much superior in comparison. Compared to other Hitler covers it's way down on my list. I'll stop now. 

All it takes is two guys determined to collect every Hitler cover going at it. Price doesn’t have to make sense (it doesn’t)

Ah! The thrill of the hunt.  The only thing that keeps me coming back to HA auctions is the hope of finding that other guy asleep at the mouse.  Otherwise, kiss it goodbye!

Then there is this, where it goes mano-a-mano and the rest of us just step back and watch how it it looks after the dust settles.

On 8/24/2024 at 7:19 PM, sagii said:

@lou_fine Good Question

@Professor K If we all agreed, life would be very boring (:.

I do agree that the price was crazy, really thought I had a shot considering only a year and a half ago the price of the 5.0

Don't give up hope, the next one and the ones after probably won't do as well. Tough book though even if it were cheap. 

On 8/24/2024 at 11:05 PM, Spyder! said:

All it takes is two guys determined to collect every Hitler cover going at it. Price doesn’t have to make sense (it doesn’t)

That's all that was I'm sure. 

On 8/24/2024 at 10:05 PM, Spyder! said:

When I was completing the Hitler cover run, I will say that was somewhat true for me. When I was down to the last handful, I became a very "determined" bidder.