• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me something I've never seen!

203 posts in this topic

Here is an interesting Golden Age collectible for Superman. In the 1940s the Supermen of America club was very popular and ran from 1939 until 1965 when it was cancelled. Here is a Canadian patch which is one of only three known examples.

1314231-supermen-of-canada.jpg

1314231-supermen-of-canada.jpg.82c8637ae0a93aaf846ced930428e111.jpg

Try finding Famous Funnies #217 - you won't! The only one printed was given to the nephew of the office janitor, who left it in a taxi driven by a friend of my uncle's mother-in-law ...

1314570-Picture3.png

The previous page of this thread has 4 of my posts with images that didn't stay linked; however all the images can be found on my comic blog page at: Rare comic art

1314570-bohemia.jpg

1314570-bohemia.jpg.10488b9210485423ab5ed9830e503be2.jpg

Here is an interesting Golden Age collectible for Superman. In the 1940s the Supermen of America club was very popular and ran from 1939 until 1965 when it was cancelled. Here is a Canadian patch which is one of only three known examples.

Interesting! How did you get that?

Front and back covers of Witzend #4 which I purchase at one of Phil Seulings early NYC cons at the Statler Hilton......this was independently published and edited by Wally Wood. Front cover shows a beautiful wash drawing by Wood, back cover has a killer Frazetta ink drawing. Issue was © 1968

witzend4front.jpg

witzend4back.jpg

that would be a nice keychain

Two years ago MARVEL did do a series of comic book key chains. They were tiny mini comics in a plastic sleeve. FF#1, Spider-Man #1, Daredevil #1, X-Men #1, Ultimate Spider-Man #1, & HULK #?. They were complete books with whole stories. Pretty cool to see.

A nice sketch that Stan Saki was kind enough to draw and sign for me. Stan don't sell any of his original comic art so a sketch is about as good as it gets. Scan don't do it justice in person the dragon flies look amazing.

usagioriginal.jpg

Here's a Hulk game made by Palitoy I just won from a UK seller off eBay. I'm not sure of the date, but the seller says the 80's. I liked the classic Hulk artwork on the box and thought it would look cool in my collection.

9f_1_b.jpg

Here is a 5" tall 1946 premium figure of Captain Marvel Jr. which was produced by the Kerr Co. for Fawcett.

1323751-captain_marvel_jr.jpg

Where does he get those wonderful toys?